Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Can I play music from a usb drive on a 2021?

I have a USB drive with music on it. Is there a way to play it on a 2021 RT? I plugged it into the front glove box usb cable, but no go.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I have a USB drive with music on it. Is there a way to play it on a 2021 RT? I plugged it into the front glove box usb cable, but no go.
    As far as I know, No. I also will be interested in hearing from others.

If you could transfer it to a memory card and install it into your phone, then you should be able to play it that way.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I have an old cell phone in my trunk with my music on an SD card in it and no SIM. Paired Bluetooth (as phone) with the Spyder (don't want the Spyder screwing with my real phone). Works great as long as the phone battery doesn't crap out. I have it connected to the USB cable in the trunk (for power when riding) and taped to the front trunk wall in a foam drink sleeve. BRP didn't give us an MP3 player utility (what software DID they provide that works well?)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-04-2022 at 12:54 AM. Reason: pkwer - power %-)
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since the newer Spyder models have a different radio, the USB drive doesn’t work. Pairing the smartphone to the bike allows for the music to play.

“(Don’t want the Spyder screwing with my real phone)”. Can’t figure out how the bike could do anything to the phone as it’s a Bluetooth connection for music and sounds and can’t do any damage.

The owners manual has a lot of info on how the new radio works. There are YouTube videos that also show how to use the new system. The new BRP Go app works great.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Like others have said, no.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks. And the BRP Go app is terrible. Flamewinger, you are the first person I have heard of that likes it.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

You don't need BRP Go to listen to music. However I do use BRP Go often for GPS and works great with no issue.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I use a little MP3 player with a mini-SD card full of music in it. It will connect to most any bluetooth. It is usually in the tank bag when it is playing.
    It is a Ruizu, just a little larger than a matchbox. Got about 16 gigs of music on it. It plays through the stereo in the truck too.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shardt View Post
    You don't need BRP Go to listen to music. However I do use BRP Go often for GPS and works great with no issue.
    Does the navigation app show on dash ? I just picked up my 22 rt and for some reason cant get the app to show on screen. Do i need a different app than rever? All else works fine
    thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Thanks. And the BRP Go app is terrible. Flamewinger, you are the first person I have heard of that likes it.
    I’m one of many that use and like it. Works great for music and navigation. The other apps are nice but not needed. FOBO is good if you loose tire pressure.

What with Honda, Harley, BMW and other manufacturers coming out with smartphone integration dash, it’s gonna catch up to those that find it complicated. Start learning now or you’ll get even more frustrated.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Yes the GPS shows on the dash. There was a Rever update and it has some issues getting it to display in the dash for some. You may have to wait till Rever fixes the issue to use it. I use Cygic and has worked good for me.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I just have to chime in to say that BRP Go saved the day for us. Been trying to get my wife’s playlist to play on her 2020 RTL from her new iPhone SE, while maintaining GPS connection. Loading BRP GO seemed to make everything work with ease.

Thanks, BRP.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I’m one of many that use and like it. Works great for music and navigation. The other apps are nice but not needed. FOBO is good if you loose tire pressure.

What with Honda, Harley, BMW and other manufacturers coming out with smartphone integration dash, it’s gonna catch up to those that find it complicated. Start learning now or you’ll get even more frustrated.

Yah but what really sucks with this technology is when you have a perfectly good working phone that is 4 years old, cost only $150 at the time and can’t update the new app because the operating system will not allow and you need to buy a new $1000 phone and pay $200 a month to make it work. Dad wished he could still hook an iPod up directly and be able to change playlists etc like before. What also sucks is the entire world still doesn’t have unlimited internet so the gps system is useless and another $800 needed for a hands on gps that won’t speak through the speaker system. Not everyone uses and lives off a phone. I challenge anyone with any phone to come to my house and make it work. I don’t care what phone you have it’s a brick, for we have no signal. Same thing on the sleds. Head up into the mountains 60 miles from the closest road and watch the city boys try to navigate their mountain sleds with the same app. They’re lost or die. Never been lost with a hands on gps and we’ve put 1000’s of miles in those mountains on the sleds. In fact we carry 2 on every sled. On the sleds that neat update is $1000 for the smart board, both BRP and polaris guys can’t figure out how to navigate out their without the old technology.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 08-15-2022 at 07:27 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”