Spyder Garage

Default Phone Call Issues on 2022 Spyder RT - any ideas?

I can dial out-going calls using BRP controls on my Spyder and I can then hear them but they cannot hear me. If I receive calls, everything works great...

It is not my Iphone or helmet because if I turn off the motorcycle and just have my helmet connected to my phone, everything works great for making and receiving phone calls.

I’ve deleted/reinstalled my phone and helmet on my Spyder to no avail...

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-02-2022 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related

Spyder Garage

Make sure your phone is pairing to just your Spyder and not pairing to your helmet. Your helmet also pairs to the Spyder.

I have two bikes and when I ride the Victory I pair the helmet to the phone. But a couple of times on the Spyder I noticed the phone pairs to both and becomes confused.

Not sure if yours might be the same issue.

Good luck.
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I always make sure my phone is not connected to my helmet. The problem is something else

Spyder Garage

I fixed all Spyder Bluetooth problems by unpairing my phone from it. Just paired to the helmet. I do have a SIM-less phone in the trunk to use as an MP3 player, but my working phone stays unpaired with the Spyder. Works well to make (via voice dial) and receive calls. And it is Android.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I’d like to use the Spyder’s automation if I could. I’ve now isolated the problem of callers not hearing me when I make calls to my Cardo Freecom 2x as my Sena headset on my other helmet works fine

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Therris9 View Post
    I can dial out-going calls using BRP controls on my Spyder and I can then hear them but they cannot hear me. If I receive calls, everything works great...

It is not my Iphone or helmet because if I turn off the motorcycle and just have my helmet connected to my phone, everything works great for making and receiving phone calls.

I’ve deleted/reinstalled my phone and helmet on my Spyder to no avail...

Any ideas?
    The basic problem is BRP Connect is broken. The Spyder infotainment system is defective and BRP refuses to give up and buy software from Google and Apple like every other OEM.
    The sooner you give up using it, the sooner you will dispense with the frustration from trying to use a defective system. Just pair your phone and GPS directly to your head set. It just works.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

@JCThrone To use the calling features on the Spyder you don't use BRP Go/Connect. Please be informed be for making comments on something you obviously don't use or care to learn to use. There are many users of BRP Go that have no issues me being one of them. It takes time to learn how to use it and there are some good tutorials on YouTube. You need the proper cables and on Android phones you need to make sure that BRP Go and the apps you use with it are set not to sleep in the battery manager so the apps do not stop working, again this is an Android issue and not BRP and these type of issues will happen no matter what type of info system you are using.

As the OP stated it works fine with his Sena.

@Tharris9 I know there are some issues with Cardio but it is a Cardio issue not a BRP issue, check for Firmware updates for your Cardio.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I have isolated the problem as an interface problem with my Cardo and the Spyder phone software as the Cardo works perfectly with the phone alone. Both BRP and Cardo have been notified. I’m sure and update from there end some day will fix this

And I am very familiar with the BRP connect App and the Spyder system. All of it works very well except with my Cardo Freecom 2x