Spyder Garage

Default Should Tupperware be this far off

Hopefully going to pick up my 2022 RT Limited this week.
    Dealer has 5 more RTL on showroom floor all sold with gaps in the Tupperware panels like mine.
    Dealer says they don't do any bodywork.
    Doesn't seem bothered about it.
    I'm I asking to much for that kind of money.
    What are your thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I'm a bit spoiled by the fit and finish of my BMW bikes, so if it were me, I'd tell the dealer get me a bike the fits together properly or no deal. Things like that never correct themselves and only get worse with time & miles. As long as consumers accept that kind of poor quality, the company will continue to turn out inferior products.
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 08-02-2022 at 11:44 AM.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

My 2020 does not fit like that. The tupperware is not that hard to remove and reinstall. If your dealer is unable/unwilling to check it out, then maybe you need a new dealer.

They should at least have their service dept look at it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

It's just an adjustment of the tupperware. Not a big deal. Who at the dealership told you they don't do any bodywork? You need to talk to the service manager to get a correct answer.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately is was the salesman and the manager.
    Kind of between rock and hard place on dealers around here only 1 around where I live.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not sure where you are, but there are 6 dealers in Indiana.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-02-2022 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Caps ;-)

Spyder Garage

Looks like it could be installed wrong. ( the bottom is not locked in) Take it off and reinstall it to see if that was the issue.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

I'm In NW Indiana.
    I had checked all dealers in Indiana and this one was the only one with 2 left to put deposits on.
    Also checked with dealers in Illinois and no luck.
    Did not want to go there but they where my only choice for stock to buy.
    Really can't try to fix because I don't own it yet.
    Also waiting for a response from BRP about this.
    Will see what happens and I will report back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dobieone View Post
    Unfortunately is was the salesman and the manager.
    Kind of between rock and hard place on dealers around here only 1 around where I live.
    Those panels should NOT fit like that! .

You really don't hafta buy something that's been assembled that poorly, so if you aren't prepared to walk out the door immediately, taking your money with you, then I'd AT LEAST very loudly tell them, their staff, & every other customer/potential customer in the place as well as the Manager and the Owner/Dealer Principal/any Investors you can find that you've got money to spend but you AREN'T going to be spending that money on shoddy workmanship & presentation like that, & if they can't be bothered to do better, you really should just take your money and leave!! Surely No bike, Spyder, or anything else can be worth putting up with such crappy presentation & poor workmanship as that, and if you do buy from them without getting it rectified, you've only got yourself to blame if/when it all turns to a biiig pile of brown smelly excrement type stuff down track & you'll share the blame for letting them continue with that sorta BS & inflicting it on other people too....

If that's the best their techs can do on something that's really so simple to fit properly, and the Salesman/Manager/Owner is prepared to accept it like that, then do you REALLY want to trust anything else they've done on assembly or any other work they may ever do I'll say it again.... if that's the best they can be bothered to do on something that is so critical to how the Spyder appears & so easy to fix then why the heck are they still in business?!? And what shoddy crap work are they likely to do on anything else/a job that's safety related??

So Walk away.... NO, don't walk away, RUN AWAY!! . Only make sure they & everyone else in the place knows exactly why!! . That's bloody appalling and what's worse, it seems the Manager accepts it like that without ripping someone/everyone involved a new one, so it's an entrenched business practice there! Don't be a party to letting that sorta BS rubbish continue happening! Kick up a fuss, call BRP & give them a serve about that stealer; call your local Better Business mob, Consumer Affairs, your local 'Dob in a Dirtbag' TV Channel &/or anyone/everone else you can to complain about it! The more noise you make the less likely they are to ever inflict that sorta BS on anyone else! And the more notoriety you get doing this, the less likely you are to avoid the same sorta treatment elsewhere! Getting a Spyder/Ryker NOW simply can NOT be that important for you to put up with that rubbish!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-02-2022 at 02:38 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Mine was the same. Had to loosen the screws on the front panel and adjust. The rear panel I found one clip hole slightly off. Trimmed hole and snapped on tighter.
    22 RTL Hyper Silver. BajaRon sway bar, Lamonster bar riser, belt tensioner and big brake pedal…more to come.

Spyder Garage

Part of the sale price is cost of your Spyders assembly. It doesn’t seem like an unreasonable request by asking for an adjustment given that you paid for it. As a former Master Automotive Technician who as part of my work being new car preparation I was expected to make minor adjustments if needed and have my supervisor or shop manager involved on more timely repairs. I wouldn’t consider this adjustment to be bodywork. Ignoring it seems like getting off on the wrong foot.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds as if that dealer has you over a barrel. He doesn't care because he's going to sell it to someone as is.

Spyder Garage

Don't know their availability, but contact iMotorsports in Chicago. Might be worth the trip.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Would you accept a new car with panels not adjusted properly? I think not, so I would require the dealer adjust the panels correctly. I also don't understand why people accept their bikes with obvious defects but wouldn't accept a refrigerator if it was scratched.

Ride Safe.

Spyder Garage

I also have a 22 in hyper silver and after taking off that section for accessories mine looks similar but not quite as bad. It took some work getting it to fit. I will also run it by my dealer but suspect that it’s mainly caused from removal and placement. Not a big deal for me.

2022 RTL HyperSilver
    2018 Honda Goldwing Tour White
    2022 RTL , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

That isn't right at all! I wouldn't accept delivery with it in that condition. It can be easliy fixed (if the tabs aren't broken), but you should not have to do it.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!