Spyder Garage

Default Who makes the Lock Barrels - I need a lock for my new topcase....

Does anybody know who the manufacturer of the lock barrel that goes in the top case? My locksmith told me that if I can find out who the manufacturer of the lock is, I can order the correct lock for my key .

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I couldn't find any mfg info on the barrels. I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thank you Pete At least I know what the lock looks like.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

That barrel should’ve come with your Spyder. I bought a 2020 RT base and it came with the barrel and when I bought the top case I just popped it in. They give you the barrel in case you ever buy the top case as an accessory.
    Best of luck.
    Steve
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Default Just bought a BRP Top Case - It Does not come with a lock

I bought a BRP top case for my RT base from a dealer online. It does not come with a lock. The person I bought the RT Base from could not find the lock that came with the bike. So, no big deal, I went to the dealer by me and ordered the lock 219400710. I was told it would be in in a few days. I get an email saying it will not be in till 10-3-22. I am guessing that is when they change to snowmobiles.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)

Spyder Garage

Snowmobiles lines already changed and went into production July 20th. They were pushed Back 3 weeks due to spyder production. All spring orders (snowmobiles) that were to be delivered first week of September already got their notices they are 3 weeks behind. Mainly mountain sleds. 2 from our group already got their notices. Skidoo has an all new line with the G5 chassis and G4 is also running at same time. That’s why July 22 was the last delivery date for any 2022 spyders. What Evers left is being assembled and shipped. Your parts are coming from overseas not BRP. i have a back ordered part I’ve been waiting for since last October 18th. Now expected delivery is September 22nd.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 08-06-2022 at 12:37 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I bought it used , I forgot to ask for the lock before I bought it. I contacted the person I bought it from and he said he could not find it. ( he is in Alabama I am in NJ) I talked to a locksmith friend and he told me to see who made the lock and try to buy it from the maker. Seems like the best kept secret on BRP's part.

I did order one from the dealer but, i will not get till 10/3/22

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    I bought it used , I forgot to ask for the lock before I bought it. I contacted the person I bought it from and he said he could not find it. ( he is in Alabama I am in NJ) I talked to a locksmith friend and he told me to see who made the lock and try to buy it from the maker. Seems like the best kept secret on BRP's part.

I did order one from the dealer but, i will not get till 10/3/22
    I've got one I can send you (used)
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Odd that the top case didn't come with a lock. I bought mine from the dealer a couple of years ago and it came with the lock.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

If you can, borrow one from a friend or take the picture Pete sent you to your locksmith friend. Maybe it is generic and has several makers that he can identify by looking at it. Or take Pete up on his offer.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-09-2022 at 06:21 AM. Reason: barrow - borrow %-)

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I contacted Pete. I just want make sure my key will fit, I bought a used lock (I think it was a 2012 lock) but the key does not fit.

Quickdraw, the dealer most likely used the extra barrel lock that belonged to your RT Base.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-09-2022 at 06:21 AM. Reason: ' 's + caps %-)

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)