Spyder Garage

Default RS/GS Tail Cover and a Slip-on Exhaust

2009 GS, Looking for:

> Tail/trunk cover, preferably silver or black, but any color will do. I'm pulling the passenger backrest to accommodate a smuggler trunk.

> (removed slip-on muffler entry due to going with new)
    Last edited by NotThatBoris; 08-02-2022 at 05:12 PM. Reason: \ - / & exp Title %-)
    2009 GS SE5 , Grey/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NotThatBoris View Post
    2009 GS, Looking for:

> Tail/trunk cover, preferably silver or black, but any color will do. I'm pulling the passenger backrest to accommodate a smuggler trunk.

> Not-too-loud slip-on. I currently have the optional Hindle and its just too obnoxious.
    I had an HMF exhaust on my 08 GS for years... Liked it... NOT obnoxious... Don't know if still available... but it was a kit & had an optional baffle... larryd
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-02-2022 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Great info larryd!
    I checked their site and they do indeed still have have that slipon available. I couldn't tell if they still have the quiet core or not so I dropped them an email. I'll post the outcome here.

Update: so I have ordered the HMF slip-on for the GS. I will post a comparison in the tech section when the project is finished.
    Tech note: HMF does NOT recommend using their "quiet core" with this application. The concern is that back pressure could cause the core to dislodge and become a projectile. There are no quieter options in their lineup for this application.
    For a little more detail; the recommendation from larryd was what pushed me to focus on HMF. I checked the website for product info, poured through posts in multiple forums, checked out YouTube vids of folks with HMF on their GS\RS scooters, and finally called HMF to hear from the experts. The bottom line is that - "loudness" being a very subjective issue - nobody seems to make a slip-on for the RS\GS that the seller will represent as "not too loud".
    Last edited by NotThatBoris; 08-02-2022 at 05:41 PM.
    2009 GS SE5 , Grey/Black