Spyder Garage

Default Wet weather tire and gear report

I have quadratic vredestein tires and klim forecaster gear (jacket and pants) and i had the chance to use them several times the past few days. I plan on riding unless there is thunder and lightning. I am amazed at how well the tires perform on wet roads and in the rain. The tires have very good grip on wet roads including during turns, the difference between Kenda's and the quadratic's is day and night. I have also used klim forecaster gear (pants and jacket) and remained dry without any issues. The gear is really easy to get on and off and it really well made. Both recommendations from the board - top shelf stuff.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Glad to see I'm not the only one that found the Vredestein Qs to be best for wet/cold/dry traction. On my 3rd rear tire after throwing the Kendas in the trash at 1000 miles. Had a Q5 (non-symmetrical) back there and it was excellent until I wore it out. I tried the Altimax RT43 next but it sucked in cold or wet conditions so I pulled it off after 4000 miles and replaced it with the new Q (symmetrical). I'm sold on the Qs!

The front Q5s are still going strong after 20+k.
    Last edited by RayBJ; 08-01-2022 at 10:36 AM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

We hit a 2 hour storm last Thursday in the ADK’s. Lightning, thunder and about 1.25 inches. We never stopped just slowed down. We even had to sit on 73 for 6 minutes during the downpour in a construction zone stop light. KLIM forecast is the real deal. Not a drop of water made it through. Glad you like them! Worth every penny in my eyes too!
    Last edited by Wmoater; 08-01-2022 at 11:10 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

We run the Vredestein Q's on both our 2020 and 21 RT's as well as our previous F3's and they have been fantastic in the rain as well as dry roads. Worth every penny!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Very interesting to see these positive reports on the Verdestein Quatrac. I installed Verdestein Quatrac 175/55R/15 on the front due to rock damage on the sidewall of one of the fronts just last week and will install Verdestein Quatrac 205/60/15 on the rear Thursday. Both front and back are replacing Kanine K20's. I really didn't expect much of a change on the fronts but was wrong. I notice a marked improvement in handling in the curves with the Verdestein front tires so it will be interesting to see if there is further improvement with the change of the rear to Verdestein. I wasn't unhappy with handling with the K20's so I am pleased. Incidentally, no fittment issues with the 175/55R/15 tires on the front and no issue with them rubbing on fender or wiring. No opportunity to ride in rain yet but I am certain I will since I don't hide in the garage when it is raining.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky