Spyder Garage

Default Mounting licence plate on side of 2008 GS - what axle hole size?

Hi!

I'm a new rider from Sweden that recently bought a spyder GS 2008. This was shipped to me with the dealer saying it was in great condition.. When I got it i noticed after a few days that the bracket on the back fender was cracked almost all the way, on both sides. And a few days later it's cracked all the way and was hanging loose, so I took the whole thing off. I contacted the dealer who will get the parts but they will arrive late september. And the dealer is quite far from me so going there is not an option either, and not without a licence plate.

What I have read on this great forum is that this is a common problem, so now I'm thinking of putting the licence plate on the side instead, like on the axle. My question, after all this rambling, is.. What hole size (diameter) is required to mount a licence plate holder on the axle? Is it 1"(25mm)?
    If I just know the hole size I can get a holder with the right diameter.
    I dont want it above.

Apart from this I really love the bike!

Thanks in advance!

/Fredrik
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-02-2022 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Removed engine prefix - not engine related.... :-/

Spyder Garage

I gave in and bought a tool to measure, and if someone else is wondering it's 1" or 25mm.

But I ended up welding the cracked brackets instead and made them stronger. So now I have two fixed brackets that look almost new.