Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default anyone sell their Spyder?

Has anyone here sold or tried to sell their Spyder?I was just wondering what the market was like.If there was any demand for a used Spyder.I have been watching Ebay some are getting reasonable bids.

I know the economy is soft butmy bikes and other toys usually sell fast.

Getting close to being a Spyder owner and wondering what to expect.

thanks,
    wolfshead1

Spyder Garage

Don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods - here, it's dead. Bike prices are off 30%, if they sell at all...

Spyder Garage

I'd get 10K for mine - that's not too bad. I didn't sink a whole lot of $$ into it though.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead1 View Post
    Has anyone here sold or tried to sell their Spyder?I was just wondering what the market was like.If there was any demand for a used Spyder.I have been watching Ebay some are getting reasonable bids.

I know the economy is soft butmy bikes and other toys usually sell fast.

Getting close to being a Spyder owner and wondering what to expect.

thanks,
    wolfshead1
    12K you can take mine away Best warranty just purchased transferable all services done bushtech hitch NMN goodies all over HID kits fender tip lights and much more all maint up to date PM if intrested.

Spyder Garage

No better time than now to buy. I bought mine new in April 09. I got a pretty nice deal thanks to the economy being crappy.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

I got $10k for mine on trade, not too bad I though. Of course the dealer went out of business shortly there after.
    "I'm the only hell my mama ever raised"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sleepman View Post
    I got $10k for mine on trade, not too bad I though. Of course the dealer went out of business shortly there after.
    Although Texas is Hotter than CT its probably the best time to get a real deal on a leftover 09. Offer real Low and OTD and see what you get. Every month it doesn,t sell the Dealer pays BRP Interest on it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sleepman View Post
    Thats what a dealer told me today also 12k and I'll take there Triglide off there hands

Spyder Garage

You can still find NEW 2008 Spyders for 11,300 out there from dealers----

I've easily got $21K into mine and wouldn't expect to get over $10K if I sold it. Toys like this depreciate big time during the first year.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I've easily got $21K into mine and wouldn't expect to get over $10K if I sold it. Toys like this depreciate big time during the first year.
    One thing we have to remember. Any accessories or modifications are lost money if you sell. You almost never get any return on them. Your OTD costs include taxes, registration, and title transfer, too, and those costs are not recoverable. Book prices are generally derived strictly from the original MSRP fo most makes and models of motorcycles. If we sell, we are taking a big hit early on, but not as much as we often think, since we are comparing to the original $15K price, not the $21K we might have invested.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Return it to stock - then sell the accessories on E-bay. You'll end up with more cash.

IE: GIVI bags worth $0 on a trade, but you could get $400 for them as a re-sale....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    One thing we have to remember. Any accessories or modifications are lost money if you sell. You almost never get any return on them. Your OTD costs include taxes, registration, and title transfer, too, and those costs are not recoverable. Book prices are generally derived strictly from the original MSRP fo most makes and models of motorcycles. If we sell, we are taking a big hit early on, but not as much as we often think, since we are comparing to the original $15K price, not the $21K we might have invested.

Yupper-- I agree. I buy all of my accessories for ME to use---- knowing full well I won't get the money back --- actually I look at my whole Spyder purchase that way. I bought it for my enjoyment --- not the next owner---- if there ever is one.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nope not me.
    But if I were, Looks like I would probably get 1/2 of what I paid for it last October with ad ons = $10,000 - maybe $12.
    If your looking to buy - now is Probably the time.

Mike

Spyder Garage

I got $14,000 for mine on ebay. It would have gone higher if I had not put a sell it now price on the audtion. There was alot of interest.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

wouldn't consider selling. Of course I only bought mine 8 days ago. I paid $11K for a 2008, trunk liner,extended warranty & some added exhaust (hindle maybe?). It only has 2500 miles on it. Is it a great buy? I don't know but i'm happy with it & it made it possible to get my spyder 6 months before i'd planned to.
    Indecision may or may not be my problem...J. Buffett

2008 gs silver sm5 #74

Spyder Garage

Yupper-- I agree. I buy all of my accessories for ME to use---- knowing full well I won't get the money back --- actually I look at my whole Spyder purchase that way. I bought it for my enjoyment --- not the next owner---- if there ever is one.
    Very true words! Maybe that is why my garage is stuffed full of motorcycles.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Very true words! Maybe that is why my garage is stuffed full of motorcycles.
    Speaking of that--- have you heard when you'll at least be able to go and see an RT at the dealer???

It would be worth going to see you check it out for the first time --- your eyes are gonna be WIDE the whole time --- not to mention your smile.

It really is an amazing piece of machine!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Anyone figure what the chop shop value of a Spyder would be? Rather than sell it whole, offer it on SpyderLovers for spare parts. It could be the US parts warehouse everyone has been asking for. At least there would be one of every part available which is more than dealers can say.

Spyder Garage

Speaking of that--- have you heard when you'll at least be able to go and see an RT at the dealer???

It would be worth going to see you check it out for the first time --- your eyes are gonna be WIDE the whole time --- not to mention your smile.

It really is an amazing piece of machine!
    No word yet. Other dealers are saying they will have a demo by October or November. Leaders says mid-December. Not looking good. I hope they don't delay until I chicken out. I still feel guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post
    Anyone figure what the chop shop value of a Spyder would be? Rather than sell it whole, offer it on SpyderLovers for spare parts. It could be the US parts warehouse everyone has been asking for. At least there would be one of every part available which is more than dealers can say.
    Let's not open that can of worms...unless we are selling security systems on the side.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlb View Post
    wouldn't consider selling. Of course I only bought mine 8 days ago. I paid $11K for a 2008, trunk liner,extended warranty & some added exhaust (hindle maybe?). It only has 2500 miles on it. Is it a great buy? I don't know but i'm happy with it & it made it possible to get my spyder 6 months before i'd planned to.
    welcome If you are happy with it, then its a great buy. Price wise, you are in the ball park (that means you didn't get ripped off).
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS