Spyder Garage

Default Any reason there's no Trailer hitch for 2022 RT's?

Any reason that BRP changed the axle and now they don’t have a trailer hitch?
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 07-29-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

I don't think that there's actually 'no hitch' for the 2022 RT's, cos I reckon a couple of owners here have actually fitted them... However, I do believe that BRP had supplier issues for their 'axle tubes', and whoever the new supplier was didn't make the inside of the tube large enough in dia to take the 'axle type pin' that helps share the load of the hitch across both swingarms - so if you want to fit a hitch, you need to get a 2021 or earlier axle tube for it so the hitch pin will go thru the hole!!

There are threads discussing this already posted on the the Forum, I believe with part numbers, some even with pics of the different tube dia's Well worth doing a search and a bit of reading. If you enter 'Hitch ; + axle' into the Search field (top Right of the page, just below the Lamonster Garage Logo) then tick the 'Search Titles only' box & hit the magnifying glass to submit, I reckon the first 2 or maybe 3 threads in the results displayed are the threads you want to check out.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-29-2022 at 05:09 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Welcome! Buy any used hitch. If the hitch axle won’t go thru the Spyder axle, buy threaded rod that will fit. Or, have a machine shop make you one. I have not seen this problem, but, since the hitch itself interchanges with all RT models, get a used one. Give me a call if you get stuck. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Welcome! Buy any used hitch. If the hitch axle won’t go thru the Spyder axle, buy threaded rod that will fit. Or, have a machine shop make you one. I have not seen this problem, but, since the hitch itself interchanges with all RT models, get a used one. Give me a call if you get stuck. Joe
    BRP put out 2022 Spyders with rear axles without holes through them. Ran out of stock on their Normal axle I think and got some replacements form another vender without the though hole it looks like. They say late Aug before they get the normal axle back in stock. That is what I hear. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 07-29-2022 at 06:46 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

It's my understanding that BRP issued a Service Bulletin covering this issue. They will order and install a new axle at your request.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-05-2022 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Bulleting - Bulletin; axel (ice skating jump) - axle (rod or spindle passing thru centre of wheel) %-)
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    BRP put out 2022 Spyders with rear axles without holes through them. Ran out of stock on their Normal axle I think and got some replacements form another vender without the though hole it looks like. They say late Aug before they get the normal axle back in stock. That is what I hear. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    It may be that some don't have the hole (though I've not heard that) - but I know many have the hole - it's just the 2nd MFG didn't make the hole diameter large enough. By looks alone it seems just like all the other axles - until you go to put the hitch rod through it and it won't fit.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

T think the axle tube holes are all the same. The axle P/Ns for 2020,2021 and 2022 are all the same. I was told by a dealer that the problem was they changed vendors and the HITCH AXLES were the wrong size. I installed a Big Bike Parts Hitch for the 2020-2021 with no issues or adapting .