Spyder Garage

Default How many 2014 - 2019 RT's are fitted with '13 Heat Scoops? Any benefits? Negatives?

How many Spyder RT/RTS/RTL's with the 2014 - 2019 bodystyle have installed the 2013 Heat Retention scoops (The scoops under the mirrors for those that might not know).
    And did you find a significant reduction in driver crotch heat? Any negative issues after installing them?
    Heat Mitigation scoops front.jpg
    Heat Mitigation scoops side.jpg
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    How many Spyder RT/RTS/RTL's with the 2014 - 2019 bodystyle have installed the 2013 Heat Retention scoops (The scoops under the mirrors for those that might not know).And did you find a significant reduction in driver crotch heat? Any negative issues after installing them?Heat Mitigation scoops front.jpg
    Yes, it makes a big difference for me. No down side.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-29-2022 at 11:44 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Had them on my 2013 RTL. If I could find them and the installation instructions I would put them on my present Spyder.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

They were put on my 2013 for the recall and they worked so well I put them on my 2015 right after I bought it. Biggest difference on the 2015 was the glove box went from hot to cold. It's pretty obvious that they keep everything under the tupperware much cooler.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Had them on my 2013 RTL. If I could find them and the installation instructions I would put them on my present Spyder.
    Amazon and ebay had them when I checked a few days ago.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Yep, ordered my full kit (no instructions, but they're available here on SL) from Ebay, came from 2022 Order for 2018 RTL.jpg
    And P/N was 2022 Order PN for 2018 RTL.jpg
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I'd also appreciate some pics like I posted of the scoops on a Black Spyder, ANYONE out there with a Black Spyder with the heat scoops?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

How many Spyder RT/RTS/RTL's with the 2014 - 2019 bodystyle have installed the 2013 Heat Retention scoops (The scoops under the mirrors for those that might not know).
    And did you find a significant reduction in driver crotch heat? Any negative issues after installing them?
    Heat Mitigation scoops front.jpg
    Installed on 2012 RTL love these scoops.. The 2014 RTS did not require them but it has an insulated glove box
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'd also appreciate some pics like I posted of the scoops on a Black Spyder, ANYONE out there with a Black Spyder with the heat scoops?
    Mines black and red but panel that scoops are in is solid black.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bensonoid; 07-30-2022 at 06:39 PM.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have them for years on my 2014 RTS...Can now carry cell phone in glove box without a melt down...larryd

Spyder Garage

Since I have the '18 Anniversary edition I was pondering adding either some gold or black carbon fiber with gold weave treatment, either to just the front glossy part or the black textured rear part of the scoop. Talking to both wrap shops and hydro-dip shops to see if I can come up with something. Wondered if anyone changed the black on black on black combination.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

The trade off by adding the scoops and no longer being able to run the optional adjustable air deflectors for rider and passenger was not worth the sacrifice of decreasing rider and passenger comfort.

The use of much better insulation on the underside of the body panels reduced or removed heat while moving and while not moving in traffic or other times.