Spyder Garage

Default Adding 12V Power Port (cig lighter style) to 2022 RTL dash area & rear trunk.

I'm a newbie here and this topic may have been discussed elsewhere on the site. Here's this issue. BRP (IMO) hasn't done a very good job provided aux. power other than for USB ports on the Spyders. Current set up of 3 USB style charging ports is inadequate. I currently have 2 cell phones and a Zoleo satellite communicator that charge during riding. Additional needs are for 2 additional cigarette lighter style power ports (unswitched) direct connected and fused to the battery. This is to power up things like a 12vdc portable air compressor, spotlight, portable stereo when the Spyder is off. I have a Battery Tender pigtail in the front trunk that I have cig lighter adapter for. It is fused at 15 amps for my air compressor so that's one power port. It was easy to install that one as the battery is easy to access. Does anyone have experience in getting additional unswitched power to the dash area and to the rear trunk? A couple of the aftermarket companies make a handlebar mounted accessory ports but they plug into the switched connector on the right side of the Spyder. Additionally, my handlebars are all ready taken by the BRP GPS. BRP installed a decent stereo on the Spyder but then give you no accessory position on the key switch so to use the stereo the the key switch must be on and everything else is powered up that isn't required to operate the stereo. I've checked out Lamonster and SpyderAccessories.Com and thus far don't see anything in kit form to accomplish what I'd like to do.
    Looking for tips, tricks or words of wisdom from someone that might all ready have done this.
    2022 RTL , Deep Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Go to Powerlet.com and look for the 48" panel mount. This is a BMW type plug that you connect direct to the battery. You can use your battery tender to charge the battery with an adapter or you can power electric gear in the winter.

B5C79708-0F99-49BD-BE48-86CF2163C7F7.jpg
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

Default 12v outlet

I've put this on several of my bikes with no issue. If you are interested I will send you pictures and information on how I mounted it.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Mo...0&sr=8-18&th=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Default Standard lighter socket are not suitable for MC use.

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Go to Powerlet.com and look for the 48" panel mount. This is a BMW type plug that you connect direct to the battery. You can use your battery tender to charge the battery with an adapter or you can power electric gear in the winter.

B5C79708-0F99-49BD-BE48-86CF2163C7F7.jpg
    Agree. If you want to add a socket for a "cigarette lighter" type plug that will be exposed to weather, use the Powerlet/BMW/Hella/John Deere plug and socket.

1) Like the "weatherproof" standard lighter socket, it comes with a plug to block it when not in use.
    2) Unlike the standard plug and socket, the plug is latched in when inserted completely. This means that it can be used with confidence riding down a rough road. The standard plug may vibrate out.
    3) Also unlike the standard plug it is weatherproof when plugged in. The standard plug will let water into socket anytime the idle plug is removed, whether a plug is inserted or not. This is nice in the cold rainstorm when you want your heated clothing to operate.