Spyder Garage

Default Which extended warranty policy do you recommend for a Spyder?

Hi, I'm trying to reach SpyderAnn, who sold me my beloved Spyder a few years ago.
    I need to ask her about the extended warranty policy she recommended.
    After a hard-drive crash, I cannot find any record of it!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Which extended warranty policy do you recommend for a Spyder?

Hi y'all, hope you can help.
    I'm looking for an extended warranty for my Spyder.
    What does anybody recommend?

Many thanks,
    Pablo Miller

Spyder Garage

Remember $671 for 3 years of BRP Best from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428
    IMOTORSPORTS is a SPYDERLOVERS sponsor and you are a member, Tell them that.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

BEST from BRP but because we don't know what year of Spyder you have I'm not sure you can buy it. It must purchased while your Spyder is under the factory warranty or before you existing BEST warranty runs out up to 5 years total (not counting the factory warranty). Example: my 2022 Spyder has a 2 year warranty and I received an extra year of the BEST warranty because I preordered my Spyder. So, I can buy an additional 4 years worth of warranty and it must be purchased within the next 3 years. I hope this makes sense. If you are out of your original warranty period I have no idea which plan would be best for you. There are many threads on this forum regarding this subject.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hi y'all, hope you can help.
    I'm looking for an extended warranty for my Spyder.
    What does anybody recommend?

Many thanks,
    Pablo Miller
    If your Spyder is not under warranty now and is going to be 5 years old; I don't know of any good extend warranty available.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He's in Mexico, folks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    It must purchased while your Spyder is under the factory warranty or before you existing BEST warranty runs out up to 5 years total (not counting the factory warranty).
    Unless BRP changed their warranty, you can only buy up to a 36 month extended warranty, in 12, 24 or 36 month groups. 24 month factory warranty and up to an additional 36 month B.E.S.T warranty. It does have to be bought prior to the original warranty expiring. Also, it's unlimited mileage.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Unless BRP changed their warranty, you can only buy up to a 36 month extended warranty, in 12, 24 or 36 month groups. 24 month factory warranty and up to an additional 36 month B.E.S.T warranty. It does have to be bought prior to the original warranty expiring. Also, it's unlimited mileage.
    Fair enough and I'm probably confused. Rather than 5 years of additional BEST warranty I should have said 5 years of total warranty.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    He's in Mexico, folks.
    I believe this is the man who purchased Ann's Spyder so he could come to the US and tour. The spyder had many miles on it, but I do not remember the year. I am guessing that it is in the five year old range though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I believe this is the man who purchased Ann's Spyder so he could come to the US and tour. The spyder had many miles on it, but I do not remember the year. I am guessing that it is in the five year old range though.
    Interesting. Which of her Spyders would that be?

Anyway I don't know if extended warranties other than B.E.S.T. are good in Mexico if purchased in the U.S.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-28-2022 at 06:29 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Hi Pablo, I've taken your post out of crhannig's Spyder Map Location thread (cos it's really not gonna do you or anyone else any good there! ) and put it in it's own thread here, just in case someone else can help.

But really, if you EVER want to contact a specific person on a Forum like this, then the EASIEST & BEST way to do that is via Private Message (PM) or email.... only since SpyderAnn hasn't posted in a while, you really might want to PM cptjam instead!

As for any extended warranty she may have suggested, if your OEM warranty hasn't yet expired, then in the past that recommendation was always the BEST Extended Warranty available from any BRP dealer, altho some charge more than others for the same thing. These days, most go to iMotorsports & pay about $671 for that for Spyders to take the OEM Warranty out to the max of 5 years; or $621 or something like that for Rykers (just don't quote me on the Ryker cost, cos I really can't remember exactly, but IIRC it is about $50 cheaper for Rykers.

However, if your OEM Warranty has already expired, that BEST Extended Warranty is no longer available & I have no idea what anyone recommends over there - here in Oz all of those types of waranty's are under the pump to prove that they're actually worth anything, & if they can't do that, then our Business Authorities & Consumer Organisations will be seeking to force them to pay back all the fees/premiums they've ripped off punters....

Ps: And now I've merged both the threads you have on this subject.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-28-2022 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Ps:
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Pablo, just call me. Or SpyderAnn. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Interesting. Which of her Spyders would that be?

Anyway I don't know if extended warranties other than B.E.S.T. are good in Mexico if purchased in the U.S.
    This transaction happened last summer, trusting my memory on this. I believe it was the Spyder before her purchase of an F3.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

In 2020, Pablo bought Ann’s 2017 F3T. She got a 2020 RT. This January, we got her a 22 Ryker, and sold the RT. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system