The Woodlands, Texas and Pipe Creek, Texas
    Spyder Garage

Default Who has Lamonster's IPS Exhaust in Carbon on their Spyder?

I just stumbled across the fact that Lamonster Garage has the exhaust that I have been looking for. It is a Delkevic in carbon and you can buy it with or without the cat delete pipe.

Who has this on their bike?

Any comments would be great.

Spyder Garage

Delkevic's tend to be quite loud. Can't speak for the Lamonster version tho...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I do, what would you like to know? Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

I tried it with a cat delete and it was too loud for me even with the baffle, then I rode the stock muffler with the cat delete and the sound was ok but the fumes were terrible so off came the stock muffler & the cat went back on with the lamonster muffler. I like the sound. It's not too loud, I can still have a conversation with my wife when we are wearing 1/2 helmets. Side by side comparison with my brothers 22 RTL reveals more sound as well. I like the aftermarket muffler. Chris
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-29-2022 at 08:21 AM. Reason: foo - off ;-)

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

I had a Delkevic in carbon on a 650 L twin. Sounded a lot like a big Ducati which is my favorite motorcycle exhaust sound. I just think with my 1330 triple, it will be a little more raspy. I'm in search of a sound clip of a 1330 with a Del and a cat by pass. Lamonster has one on his website but it is just an idle sound with small throttle increases.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by peterparker View Post
    I just stumbled across the fact that Lamonster Garage has the exhaust that I have been looking for. It is a Delkevic in carbon and you can buy it with or without the cat delete pipe. Who has this on their bike? Any comments would be great.
    You mean this one? https://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamo...-am-rt-carbon/

Why do you say it's a Delkevic? The carbon fiber seems to be a finish...I thought maybe that's what material is used in its construction.

Interesting Delkevic doesn't list Can-Am in their fitment chart https://delkevic.com/exhaust-muffler/ I wonder if Lamonster has them made to order.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-29-2022 at 07:02 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pete, Lamonster's website does say "We've established a working relationship with one of the leading exhaust manufactures and suppliers of motorcycle road and race exhaust systems throughout the motorcycle world. We appreciate the quality of these pipes at an affordable price." and it looks exactly like the Delkevic's for other bikes, possibly they made the deal that only Lamont could sell them (initially).
    Also his page says "These exhaust systems come in 3 finishes, POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL, 1000 degree BLACKOUT POWDER COAT, and genuine CARBON FIBER." So I'm believing the Genuine CF is actually a CF wrapped exhaust versus just a dip or wrap like finish.
    And if you watch the sound clip video, Lamont's CF Version even has the Delkevic name on the back chrome endcap.

AND, it's only half the price of BRP's Akrapovic.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 07-29-2022 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Details, details I just kept finding.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Cause it says so on the endcap. Pause the video at 15 seconds.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You mean this one? https://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamo...-am-rt-carbon/

Why do you say it's a Delkevic? The carbon fiber seems to be a finish...I thought maybe that's what material is used in its construction.

Interesting Delkevic doesn't list Can-Am in their fitment chart https://delkevic.com/exhaust-muffler/ I wonder if Lamonster has them made to order.
    I guess I wasn't very clear about my comment. Since the O.P. had specified the carbon fiber version, I thought maybe there was something different in its construction giving it a sound that was unique to it vs a steel one. Otherwise why specify carbon fiber rather than just say the Delkevic muffler that Lamonster carries?

No worries. Ignore my question / comment.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pete, I understand and I wonder if Lamont has done a sound comparison between the CF and SS versions on the same model of Spyder??? Sounds like another video production, kind of like MartinTheVlogger does.
    One Spyder with stock exhaust, one with just the IPS SS final muffler, one with just the CF IPS Muffler, one with cat delete and stock final, one with cat delete and IPS SS, and one with cat delete and IPS CF... All in one video!
    Sounds like a Spyders in the Ozarks timeframe kind of experience to have 6 diff 1330's configured and captured with the same sound settings...
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

This exhaust? Installed it for a friend months ago on his 2021. Pretty certain the can body is a simple carbon tube. Sounds OK, nothing obnoxious or too loud. He still runs the oem convertor. Does not have quite the crispness or bark that our 2014 with a bypass pipe has, but some of that may be how the ECM set his fuel trims based on his driving habits vs mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PMK; 07-30-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

I originally installed this muffler with a cat delete on a 2020 RT. You can see my detailed (with video) Facebook post at "Can Am Spyder RT Lovers". Search Richard Stebbins. I have since put the muffler without cat delete on my 2021 RT. I believe this sounds better. It has a nice deep throaty sound. For me it was well worth the price.
    Rick
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-03-2022 at 06:48 PM. Reason: i - I ;-)
    2021 RT Limited Asphalt Gray
    Halo Skid
    Driver's backrest
    2" riser w/ F3 standard handlebars
    F4 vented 25" windshield