Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default First multi day trip with the wife riding her own spyder!

Well, wife asked me what I wanted to do for our anniversary and my birthday celebration. I told her that all I wanted was a 4 day trip to the mountains, with her riding her spyder and me either on the spyder or BMW. We have done quite a bit of riding locally and done some twisty roads (all in preparation for mountain riding). She actually agreed. So on either the 3rd or 4th week of August, we are heading for a few days in the NC/Tenn mountains. Going to take it easy on her this first time, and try to keep the miles to below 300 each day. Thought we would possibly head to Boone from Raleigh on the first day. Then we can travel down the BRP and other roads if a detour is necessary in order to get to the Maggie Valley/Cherokee area (that is my favorite part of the BRP anyway. Then we will head over and do the Cherohola Skyway, Fontana Dam, and some close by areas. She is an aggressive rider, so if she wants to do the Dragon, we will (if traffic isn't too bad). Then maybe one more day of riding closer to Maggie Valley, like 215 and 276. Then on the 4th day we will probably hit either the interstate, or back roads (her choice) to head back home. Weather is always iffy, but I am hoping that we can avoid rain. This will kinda be a test ride for getting her to ride her own spyder up to the spyder rally in October. Wish me luck, and I will report back on how she does.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a fun trip with the wife. Just the right length of time for a first trip and keeping the daily miles doable. My wife doesn't ride her own Spyder but she has gone on a couple week long trips with me as a passenger. Thoroughly enjoy her riding with me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Well, wife asked me what I wanted to do for our anniversary and my birthday celebration. ......
    ..... < snip > .....
    ..... Wish me luck, and I will report back on how she does.
    Luck!

I am a little perplexed tho.... which anniversary is celebrated with Spiders??
    Besides all the good ones, of course!

Seriously tho, it sounds like a great way to celebrate. Hope you both really enjoy it!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-26-2022 at 03:03 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you guys have a nice doable plan. Have fun.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

A section of the BRP is closed heading West where it crosses Rt 421, just before you get to Boone. Not sure where you detour around to get on it, probably around Boone. RT 421 from Winston Salem to Boone is in good condition and generally not heavily trafficked.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you think you'll have time, give me a shout to see if I'm about when you ride past me. I'd like to say 'hi'.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    If you think you'll have time, give me a shout to see if I'm about when you ride past me. I'd like to say 'hi'.
    Sure will. All will depend on if the wife is complaining too much by the time we get to that area. Hopeing for good weather. Or else I will never hear the end of it.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white