Spyder Garage

Default My Ryker's been down one month yesterday 6-23-22

My Ryker stopped on me on 6-23-22. I had to wait till 7/7/22 to get a shop date. I am still waiting for a fuel pump job to be done on the Ryker, they confirmed that was the problem after they ran a diagnostic test. I asked when will the job be done and they told me they have others Rykers ahead of me. I am beginning to wonder if I made a mistake buying a Can-Am Ryker. Waiting sucks for real.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-24-2022 at 08:34 PM. Reason: ' 's
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Waiting seems to be the normal now days.
    We have two large overhead garage doors at work that a concrete truck ran through, yes two doors, he didn't catch on after the first one. These doors are on back order and have been for over 1.5 months and at this time we have no idea when they will be in.
    This means that the shop can't be closed or locked at night or on weekends. Just waiting to come in some morning and have it cleaned out, they will be on video if they do it though.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

The fuel pump died? Did they say what happened? Did the impeller break apart or something?
    2022 Spyder F3S pilot

"SpyderWings" on YT

Spyder Garage

Went to check on my Ryker Rally about an hour ago. I was told that the fuel pump came but it was the wrong one for the 2021. Sound's like BS to me but I'll take their word for now. They told me the fuel pump was ordered overnight and should be back ASAP. I will wait for another ten days and check back if they haven't called for me to come and get my Ryker. Waiting, waiting, waiting games!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-27-2022 at 08:31 PM. Reason: ' 's & i/i'll
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Interesting
    The original part number for 2019 and 2020 was 709000810, but replaced by 548874036
    For 2021 and up it is 709001261, so maybe the dealer received 548874036 instead of 709001261

Quieter?

https://www.canampartshouse.com/oemp...79/engine-fuel
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

I had a similar situation a couple years ago with my 2019 rally. Rather than wait for a backordered fuel pump assembly, I bought a service manual and then purchased just a fuel pump. Following the manual, I took out the fuel pump assembly, took it apart, and replace the fuel pump itself. It worked. No waiting for a service department. When you buy these types of machines or any motorcycle, you need to become a “wrench” or else you are going to periodically have to wait for the service department. I try to do all my work myself. The service manual will walk you through the majority of the fix you’ll need for many issues.
    RykerUSA
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

They just called me and told me my Ryker Rally is ready and I can come to pick it up. That's all good now I have to wait till Friday to go and get it, that's the day my daughter will be off work to drive me over to Indiana to pick it up. Well that's my update!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-03-2022 at 06:50 PM. Reason: ...it,tha... - it, tha ;-)
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

My 2021 Ryker Rally has been in the shop for almost a month due to something in the fuel system. They thought it was something to do with the timing/valves, they said the fuel pump was good, but the problem was the heat sensor... Well, they replaced the temp sensor and they called me to come pick it up yesterday. I picked it up and drove about 5 or 6 miles before it died again.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-04-2022 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Caps + ;-)
    2021 rally 900 , black and red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMHO, I think some dealerships are incompetent. How will we ever get through the green motorcycle and cars of the future?

Spyder Garage

I picked up my Ryker Rally,and have put about thirty miles on it.I hope the I don't have another fuel pump problem anytime sooner or later.
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

Beanz1, I feel your pain. In early May pf 2021 I noticed what I thought was a leak in the final drive of my 2019 Rally. Because my Rally was still covered by the 36 month BEST warranty I scheduled with my local dealer to take it in the following week for evaluation. In June the service manager called me and said that the technician had identified a leak in my water pump that was making its way back to the final drive (?????) and that they were contacting BRP regarding a warranty repair. They would contact me when the warranty was approved: and I waited, and waited. In July I went to the dealer in person to ask about the status of the repair; they were waiting for parts. In early August I called again. By then the repair was completed but the dealership would not return my Rally until BRP had actually paid for the warranty repair; my Rally was being held for ransom. But they would call me. Two weeks later (in mid August) I went back to the dealer intending to pay for the repair and let the dealer reimburse me when BRP coughed up the funds. Surprisingly, everything was done, they just hadn't called me. My three month ordeal was over. I had lost three months of riding season and three months of my 36 month warranty coverage but my Rally was back; and I rode it, a bunch.

By late fall 2021 I noticed that when riding in cool to cold weather it would take 20-30 minutes after starting for the temperature display to get up to five bars. If ambient temperature was below 40 my temperature display would drop to 2-3 bars. If I stopped moving and let it idle, the display would move back up to 5 bars but drop again when cold air flowed through the radiator. My best guess is that the new thermostat they installed with the water pump was not closing completely -- but at least it wasnt overheating. I have driven it that way all last winter and this summer. I don't think it is a problem with the display or temperature circuit because idle speed increases when the display shows two bars as it would when engine temperature is truly low.

I know everybody has had staffing and supply problems during the pandemic; I get it. I also know the dealership makes way more money repairing 4-wheelers and side by sides than CanAms or motorcycles; i get that too. This fall when the temperature drops and the rain starts I will take my Rally back to the dealer and have them replace my thermostat AGAIN; this time on my dime.

In the mean time all fluid changes, CVT belt changes, and tire changes will be done in my garage.
    Last edited by Tslepebull; 08-08-2022 at 09:37 AM.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

i called about my 2021 rally today and the person in charge of the service department said that the ordered the fuel pump for my bike but could not let me know when the would be able to get it and put it on because can am's website was hacked anyone know if it is true?
    2021 rally 900 , black and red

Spyder Garage

I would think they would have a telephone order desk for the dealers .....But , what do I know

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazychrismc View Post
    i called about my 2021 rally today and the person in charge of the service department said that the ordered the fuel pump for my bike but could not let me know when the would be able to get it and put it on because can am's website was hacked anyone know if it is true?
    Yes, it's true.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...rattack-on-BRP
    2023 Ryker Rally - Heritage White III
    Sport Windshield
    GPS Holder