Spyder Garage

Angry Gear selector frequently won't manually change on F3 - ideas?

I have a 1330 F3 Limited that is frequently refusing to change up manually using the switch on the left bar. It will change down automatically when using the brakes and then once in first I am getting no response until I stop and try all means to get it to neutral or reverse. If another gear is selected it can then change up until the next time to stop when the problem returns. I have 5000 miles on the odometer and owned it from new with no other issues to date.

Could this be a switch malfunction?

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Old Growly

Spyder Garage

Sadly, it sounds like you've got the Left Hand Control Module failure that many other recent Spyder owners have encountered - what year is your Spyder?? I think it's largely been for Spyders from 2018 on, but others will know for sure. If you do a search or two, there's a fair bit of info on it; but I think your big issue is going to be the backlog on getting replacement parts. Sorry!

Here's one thread to check out; plenty more if you look!

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ghlight=module
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-24-2022 at 07:54 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

On the way to sell my 2020 F3 S Special downshifting my reverse stopped working. The guy that bought mine said he was able to open it up and clean connections or something and got it working. Upshifting worked fine with paddle, just any downshift action would not. Auto-downshifting worked fine

Spyder Garage

Left hand switch block is the likely source of your distress. There were non available 'in the world' when mine began misbehaving, at three monts of age, so I liberaly squited LANOX (Lanoline based fiser of everything) during the about five months of waiting for a replacement.
    Last edited by RazzleH; 07-25-2022 at 02:41 AM.
    There is usually another way. 2020 F3Ltd.
    2020 F3 Ltd , Brake Pedel lowered. Liquid Titanium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Sadly, it sounds like you've got the Left Hand Control Module failure that many other recent Spyder owners have encountered - what year is your Spyder?? I think it's largely been for Spyders from 2018 on, but others will know for sure. If you do a search or two, there's a fair bit of info on it; but I think your big issue is going to be the backlog on getting replacement parts. Sorry!

Thanks for the reply, mine is a 2019 so this failure is one that I have been considering, so here's hoping things work out with parts here in the UK

Spyder Garage

have the same problem with my 2020 F3-S since 1000Km. At first my dealer said, that was a problem with the 2018 models, but he called BRP and they said, they have a handful 2022 RTs with the same issues. So my shift-lever is under warranty but Iīm waiting now since May to get the whole unit replaced, the part arrived now my dealer and he fix it next Monday.
    the thing is, is the minus-lever not working, you canīt eeven get in reverse, big problem for a wheelchairer like me. I cleaned and fixed the lever with oil and gave him more "tolerance" in the screw that holds the lever. Worked for almost 6-700Km, but now it quit completely.
    Schaltwippe (3).jpgSchaltwippe (1).jpgSchaltwippe (2).jpg
    Last edited by ShockwaveSpyder; 07-25-2022 at 07:51 AM.
    modified 2020 F3-S for paraplegics including handbrake, wheelchairmount etc.
    2020 F3-S , pedalbox black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

Having had a software update I thought the issue had been resolved but last weekend it happened again and has been with my dealer since. The have confirmed what was expected and are trying to order replacement parts but following a hacking to the order system, no orders can be placed at the moment and even then I doubt whether availability will be good if any. Just thought I would update the situation.