Spyder Garage

Default How high do I need to lift my Spyder to the get rear wheel off?

How high up do you have to get the rear up to get the wheel out. After you unhook shock and the rod for the auto level and remove caliper is there anything else that needs removed?? Got price from dealer to change rear tire with me bring the new tire and I think I will do it my self. What are you using to get the Spyder up ??? THANKS
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-22-2022 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask question ;-)

Spyder Garage

Lift it high enough to roll the wheel out once it is free. Get high enough to put a double pedestal jack under the wheel. When it’s time to put it back on, the jack lifts the wheel, instead of lowering the bike. Remove the muffler to make it SO much easier! Give me a call if you need help. I do about 50 a year. I have a tire machine on my back porch. Once you have done a couple, you are not at all concerned. I usually have a tire or two in the garage, so if I need to, I can do it quickly, to get folks back on the road. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you have a MUD flap or a trailer hitch ...you will need to get it higher ..... unless you remove those ....JMHO .... Mike