Spyder Garage

Default Anyone put F3 Handle Bars on a 2020+ RT??

I did some searching and could not come up with anything on this subject.

Has anyone out there put a set of stock F3 handle bars on a 2020+ RT?

I put a set of the short reach bars on my 2022 and they came way to far back for my liking. It kinda looks like the F3 bars are shorter than the short reach bars but I am curious just how much, so if anyone knows it will save me having to buy a F3 stock handle bar and then possibly end up having to sell it since my dealer does not stock any of the bars.

thanks
    Keith
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

I've got 'em. They're perfect.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

They are about 2 inches shorter than the short reach bar.
    I went through the same thing, stock too short, short reach too long, F3 just right.
    I'm about 5ft7in.
    Bob
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-22-2022 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I,m - I'm ;-)

Spyder Garage

Many people have. I can't believe search didn't return anything. I have read many threads about it. Hopefully someone will point you in the right direction.

Edit: I just did a search on 'F3 bars' and returned a bunch of relevant threads. I'd try again Keith.
    Last edited by FrogmanDave; 07-22-2022 at 10:54 PM.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

First thing I did in 20. Spyder Ann had a set off her F3T on the shelf, so we put them on. Did a thread on here. Great mod, easy and cheap!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I have a set of F3 "Long Reach" bars on my 2020 RT Limited. This was after having tried the stock and short reach bars. They work like a charm.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I put the F3 Attitude handlebars on mine and LOVE it the grips curve back more allowing me to not have to extend my elbows. It is a much more natural fit.

Spyder Garage

Thank you to all for your responses. My parts for my bike are finally in so I will hopefully be picking it up this coming week. My dealer did not have the stock F3 bars in stock but he did have a set of attitude bars in stock that they are going to put on for me to try out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    Thank you to all for your responses. My parts for my bike are finally in so I will hopefully be picking it up this coming week. My dealer did not have the stock F3 bars in stock but he did have a set of attitude bars in stock that they are going to put on for me to try out.
    I seem to remember the attitude bars having a problem with hitting the dash panel...
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    I seem to remember the attitude bars having a problem with hitting the dash panel...
    Nope, I have them on mine and all works perfectly.

Spyder Garage

I agree with ollicat, I tested them and they did not hit.

Spyder Garage

2021 Spyder RTL S2S here. Replaced my RT stock handlebars with the 2018 F3 (position B) (#709402241) bars. Original bars too far forward and short reach bars too far back. These get you halfway between the two and mount the same. Best fit for me at 5'8".
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-25-2022 at 12:16 AM. Reason: The other too ;-)
    2021 RTL S2S, BRP arm rests, smart mount backrest, Pedal Commander, F3 position B handlebars, adj side vents.
    2021 Sea To Sky , Green

Spyder Garage

I have the attitude bars but also added the 2" riser. Made a huge difference in handling.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Question Re: Handlebars

Quote Originally Posted by RNBOB View Post
    They are about 2 inches shorter than the short reach bar.
    I went through the same thing, stock too short, short reach too long, F3 just right.
    I'm about 5ft7in.
    Bob
    I’m a little confused. I watched this YouTube video https://youtu.be/JVwK33td2Pc
    It shows the F3 coming back further than the short reach, so someone has it mixed up.
    The video at one point shows the 3 handlebars side by side. F3 is on the far left, short reach is in the middle, and stock is on the right. Is there something I have mixed up? I just ordered the OEM short reach bars for my RTL, and they appear to be in-between the F3 and stock.
    2022 Can AM Spyder RT Limited, Silver/Dark

Looking forward to putting on some miles soon!

Spyder Garage

I put the short reach on my RTL and they came way to far back, so I compared them to the stock F3 bars and the F3 bars are about 1-1/2 - 2" shorter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mbv6988 View Post
    I’m a little confused. I watched this YouTube video https://youtu.be/JVwK33td2Pc
    It shows the F3 coming back further than the short reach, so someone has it mixed up.
    The video at one point shows the 3 handlebars side by side. F3 is on the far left, short reach is in the middle, and stock is on the right. Is there something I have mixed up? I just ordered the OEM short reach bars for my RTL, and they appear to be in-between the F3 and stock.
    Yes,that video is wrong. Short reach is closest to rider then f3 is about 2 in shorter.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Default Re: video

Quote Originally Posted by RNBOB View Post
    Yes,that video is wrong. Short reach is closest to rider then f3 is about 2 in shorter.
    Bob
    So in the video, when they show all 3 of them next to each other, the short reach bars are actually on the far left, the F3 are in the middle, and stock are on the right? I may have to order the F3 also to get to the bottom of this, and keep whichever works best for me. I think the middle one would work best if I’m guessing. Thanks.
    2022 Can AM Spyder RT Limited, Silver/Dark

Looking forward to putting on some miles soon!

Spyder Garage

The reason the short reach bars come too far back for some riders (like me) is that the adjustment is limited by the alignment pin. The fix is too remove the pin with a hacksaw blade. I've done this twice. 2020 RT with the short reach bars. 2021 RT with 2" riser and stock F3 bars. Allows a few more inches for "forward" adjustment. Once the handlebar bolts are tightened i have had zero issues with any movement in the handlebars. Try it. As we said in the Navy "no balls, no blue chips".
    2021 RT Limited Asphalt Gray
    Halo Skid
    Driver's backrest
    2" riser w/ F3 standard handlebars
    F4 vented 25" windshield

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    The reason the short reach bars come too far back for some riders (like me) is that the adjustment is limited by the alignment pin. The fix is too remove the pin with a hacksaw blade. I've done this twice. 2020 RT with the short reach bars. 2021 RT with 2" riser and stock F3 bars. Allows a few more inches for "forward" adjustment. Once the handlebar bolts are tightened i have had zero issues with any movement in the handlebars. Try it. As we said in the Navy "no balls, no blue chips".
    I purchased a used 2021 RT Limited. It does not have the stock handlebars on it, but I'm not sure which handlebars it has. They are supposed to be OEM. I'm only 4'7", but my arms are pretty long and these bars are way too high. They feel like ape hangers and my hands fall asleep. They rise up 6-8 inches. I'm having difficulty comparing my height to those above.

How can I tell what bars I have? I don't want to purchase something I already have. What bars should I get to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderByte3 View Post
    I purchased a used 2021 RT Limited. It does not have the stock handlebars on it, but I'm not sure which handlebars it has. They are supposed to be OEM. I'm only 4'7", but my arms are pretty long and these bars are way too high. They feel like ape hangers and my hands fall asleep. They rise up 6-8 inches. I'm having difficulty comparing my height to those above.

How can I tell what bars I have? I don't want to purchase something I already have. What bars should I get to resolve this problem?

Thanks!
    Start your own thread and post a few pictures so we can see what you're talking about. With you sitting on your Spyder and without. You can't post too many pictures.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderByte3 View Post

Thanks!
    Have you loosened the bolts and tried to lower the bars? If they're the short reach bars and are all the way forward they do look like mini ape hangers. If you remove the 4 bolts and the cover plate you'll see that the bars have a adjustment slot. This adjustment is limited by an alignment pin. If necessary you can remove the pin with a hacksaw blade. This will allow full forward and back adjustment of the bars. This pin is not necessary for holding the bars in place once you've retorqued the 4 bolts.
    2021 RT Limited Asphalt Gray
    Halo Skid
    Driver's backrest
    2" riser w/ F3 standard handlebars
    F4 vented 25" windshield