Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

New York EZ Pass has a motorcycle specific pass that charges less. There is a procedure for registering it with them as a motorcycle.
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Bear Mt Bridge is ALWAYS hit-or-miss. I had my EZPass on the left side on top of my gas tank (2-wheels) and I had to hand it to the toll collector to copy the s/n of the pass for it to activate.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I keep mine in the Glove Box and as IO approach take it out and hold it up in front of my forehead.
    Has yet to be a problem.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I used to work on EZ pass in NJ. I had an F3 Ltd with the transponder in the frunk (not mounted on the lid), it worked most times except on the NJ turnpike. So I mounted the transponder in the glove box and never had an issue.
    What people don't know is that the middle of the lane is where the strongest signal is to capture the transponder. The lower the transponder then it has a smaller area to get the signal.
    The higher the transponder the better chance of a good read. The signal is wide on the top of the lane and narrow at ground level.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-09-2023 at 07:54 PM. Reason: and and; the the; caps & ' 's ;-)

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

There is also a transponder only for a motorhomes , the car transponder has a weaker signal

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

Wherever you mount it, make sure you remove it when towing or trailering the Spyder. Otherwise you will incur charges for the tow vehicle and the Spyder, unnecessarily.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    Wherever you mount it, make sure you remove it when towing or trailering the Spyder. Otherwise you will incur charges for the tow vehicle and the Spyder, unnecessarily.
    Well if your car, trk, motorhome etc. is towing a trailer the trailer will trigger a toll fee. .... I agree, don't leave the EZ-pass on the Spyder, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd if it's in your veh. make sure it's in the special metalic case it came in, so it doesn't trigger a toll ......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-16-2023 at 11:27 AM.