Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Got an Ez-pass? Where did you mount it on your Spyder RT ?????

For those of you that have one or more ..... where did you mount it on your Spyder RT ..... Thanks ... Mike

Spyder Garage

I put mine under the lid for the frunk. I've done the same kind of thing on a number of bikes. I had it under the trunk lid on my Goldwings. Never had a problem.
    2018 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

If I need it, I pull it out of the truck and put it in the glove box on the bike or one of the aftermarket bags that are velcro'd to the dash.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine is in the trunk on the top in the black area were the hinges are located.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-21-2022 at 06:58 PM. Reason: truck - trunk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltwin View Post
    If I need it, I pull it out of the truck and put it in the glove box on the bike or one of the aftermarket bags that are velcro'd to the dash.
    Well that's interesting ..... The NY EZ-PASS says ONLY a device designated for a " motorcycle " will be accepted ..... I have three, one is for the Spyder .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-21-2022 at 06:58 PM. Reason: accep[ted - accepted ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Mine is in the truck on the top in the black area were the hinges are located.
    " truck " .... did you mean ...TRUNK in the rear ???? .... if so that's interesting the ezpass people say use in the FRONT of the Mtc. ..... thanks .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    For those of you that have one or more ..... where did you mount it on your Spyder RT ..... Thanks ... Mike
    I have mine here:

Originally, my CDO (that's OCD with the letters in the correct order) placed the pass in the very center of the screen
    At speed, the wind funneling through the vent was enough to knock the pass off the mounting tape.
    Fortunately, I was able to catch it. I moved it off center and haven't had any issues with it since.
    I have it covered with a silicone skin. Basically, just for appearance.
    Although it is the standard size, like you, this is motorcycle specific.
    The only difference between the car and motorcycle pass is, sometimes, the tolls for motorcycles are less.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot 2022-07-21 135251.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

" truck " .... did you mean ...TRUNK in the rear ???? .... if so that's interesting the ezpass people say use in the FRONT of the Mtc. ..... thanks .... Mike
    That's I switched to the frunk. I think the newer ones are as powerful and wondered about the timing of it being read and the camera taking pictures.
    2018 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Mines on the underside of the frunk lid, works fine. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

Well that's interesting ..... The NY EZ-PASS says ONLY a device designated for a " motorcycle " will be accep[ted ..... I have three, one is for the Spyder .... Mike
    Well, I've never seen anything on the VA ezpass site that says what type of vehicle, only the number of axles. Motorcycles are 2 axles just like cars. And you can register the pass to multiple vehicles as well. You have to have the plate number for each vehicle so I assume the system that photo id's you reads the number and matches it with the transponders ID and figures out what to charge you. When we take the motorhome, I pull the pass out of the truck and put it on the campers dash. Never any issues so far and we've been doing it this way for quite a few years now. I guess each state is different. YMMV.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

F3S below gauge cluster
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-21-2022 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Caps
    2015 f3s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes. Trunk in the rear. In fact I even have my Satellite radio antenna next to the EZ toll on mine.. I am guessing the EZ Pass is the same size as EZ Toll. Maybe 3-4 inches long and about 1-1/2 to 2 inches tall?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes. Trunk in the rear. In fact I even have my Satellite radio antenna next to the EZ toll on mine.. I am guessing the EZ Pass is the same size as EZ Toll. Maybe 3-4 inches long and about 1-1/2 to 2 inches tall?
    It does not know where its mounted. As long as it can received the signal.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I have mine here:

Originally, my CDO (that's OCD with the letters in the correct order) placed the pass in the very center of the screen
    At speed, the wind funneling through the vent was enough to knock the pass off the mounting tape.
    Fortunately, I was able to catch it. I moved it off center and haven't had any issues with it since.
    I have it covered with a silicone skin. Basically, just for appearance.
    Although it is the standard size, like you, this is motorcycle specific.
    The only difference between the car and motorcycle pass is, sometimes, the tolls for motorcycles are less.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot 2022-07-21 135251.jpg
    And that is where mine fell off on the Hwy doing 75 one morning. Well that was the end of that unit. I must not have put it on the velcro correctly in the morning..

Spyder Garage

I put mine under the lid of the frunk too. If the EZ PASS can be read through a laminated glass windshield than it can easily be read through the plastic cover lid. I have had zero problems or any issues at all with this installation. I use four small pieces of the Velcro brand Alfa-Lok adhesive fasteners that come with the EZ PASS to mount it.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenfish View Post
    I put mine under the lid of the frunk too. If the EZ PASS can be read through a laminated glass windshield than it can easily be read through the plastic cover lid. I have had zero problems or any issues at all with this installation. I use four small pieces of the Velcro brand Alfa-Lok adhesive fasteners that come with the EZ PASS to mount it.
    with you and all the other folks who mount it this way ..... I have an R/C truck that is activated from a 3 volt transmitter to a 2 inch wire antennae .... I have had the truck work at a distance of 300 + ft. .... so I'm betting their equipement is a lot stronger than that ..... Thanks all who responded ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

And that is where mine fell off on the Hwy doing 75 one morning. Well that was the end of that unit. I must not have put it on the velcro correctly in the morning..
    To be sure, I check it every once in a while.
    I used to keep it on the underside of the frunk lid, but I found that several of the local bridges were unable to read the transponder, mostly the Newburg Beacon Bridge and the Bear Mountain Bridge. Both of these bridges have had the toll booths completely revamped with new readers. I may consider moving it back down to the Frunk lid for safety.
    I'm pretty sure the reading failure had to do with the angle the transponder was installed. The frunk lid is transparent to radio waves.
    The current location echos a car's windshield in height and angle.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

How I solved my EZ-Pass issue

A few weeks ago, I asked how others have attached their EZ-PASS (you don't pay tolls on the highway) on their Spyders..... Lots of good advice, but in the end, I just put it in my shirt pocket ..... I only need it occasionally and the thought of permanently mounting it didn't appeal to me. ... It recorded all my tolls, and they deducted it from my checking account (my preferred method) ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-08-2023 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Moved Post title into text after merge - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So, You are saying that the 'Toll system/reader' was able to communicate while the pass was in your shirt pocket?
    I tried that with a 'RiverLink' pass, but it did not work. I was in my truck and did not want the sticker on my windshield. They said it was designed to be installed on the windshield. .......
    So next time I installed it on the windshield with clear tape. This worked and everyone was Happy. ......
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-08-2023 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    So You are saying that the 'Toll system/reader' was able to communicate while the pass was in your shirt pocket?
    I tried that with a 'RiverLink' pass but it did not work. I was in my truck and did not want the sticker on my windshield. They said it was designed to be installed on the windshield. .......
    So next time I install it on the windshield with clear tape. This worked and everyone was Happy. ......
    Yep in my shirt pocket , but I was on my Spyder not in a veh.,... it might not have worked in a veh. ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I found the jacket pocket method to be spotty with no obvious reasons for missing the reader. I ended up putting the EZ Pass on the underside of the frunk lid. Works every time and is removable (3M Lock). On my bike, it's on the windscreen w/3M lock.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know if an EZ Pass will work if it is mounted to the underside of the front trunk hood?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-08-2023 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Moved Post title into text after merge - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

YES it does. My EZPass is stuck to the underside of the frunk with the 3M strips. Never had an, "EZPass not read".
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    YES it does. My EZPass is stuck to the underside of the frunk with the 3M strips. Never had an, "EZPass not read".
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

When I lived in CT, that's where I put it. Only a couple places where it didn't work, The Bear Mountain Bridge, and the Newburg Bridge. Was fine anywhere else.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic