Spyder Garage

Default High Pitched Clicking/Squealing Noise While Driving

I just switch to an open face helmet and while riding today, I began hearing this very high pitched clicking/squealing noise while driving, noise completely stops when the ryker comes to a stop, so it is not making the noise while idling, when I first heard the sound it reminded me of when kids used to tape a playing card to their bikes and it would smack against the spokes, kind of sounded like that, i have done some searches on this forum and others, some say they get a noise from the air intake box, but I do not think it is that as that seems it would make the noise when idling or at stop, some folks say they get this noise due to a brake issue, and I do agree the sounds seems like it coming from both wheels, so has anyone on this forum experienced this, any suggestions before I go back to the dealer?

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If coming from front, I'd first check the turn signal wiring to the fenders. Wires are clipped to a plastic tab and can come loose easily.
    When mine (2020) came loose twice, I drilled the tab and used a small cable tie to secure.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

i think it is the front brake calipers, they have this play in them, but the rear caliper is solid as a rock

Spyder Garage

Update, dealership came and picked up the bike, this makes twice in a month, the bike is back at the dealership, I haven't made my first payment on it yet??? We will see what happens

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    If coming from front, I'd first check the turn signal wiring to the fenders. Wires are clipped to a plastic tab and can come loose easily.
    When mine (2020) came loose twice, I drilled the tab and used a small cable tie to secure.
    I'll second this. The dealer didn't seat my right fender turn signal harness during prep. I heard a terrible squeal out of nowhere on one of my early rides. I pulled off the fender and found the harness worn all the way through the wrap, through the wire insulation, and down to the bare copper. The dealer replaced the entire harness under warranty.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-25-2022 at 08:28 AM. Reason: mine - my ;-)
    2022 Spyder F3S pilot

"SpyderWings" on YT

Spyder Garage

I spoke with the dealer, recall has been corrected and as to the clicking, it was a loose fender, I don't get it back until tomorrow, so I guess we will see