Spyder Garage

Default Painted radiator/grill stone guard for my Ryker!

Since the radiator is very vulnerable to stones and debris on the Rykers I decided to fabricate a stone guard from 1/2" expanded steel diamond pattern mesh purchased at Ace Hardware. I made a grill recess tracing, cut the paper to a closer fit and then transferred to the pattern to cardboard. I then marked out the pattern on the steel mesh. I cut it slightly smaller so I could weld 3/16" steel rod around the perimeter at about the half way mark on the rod. Sand blasted the grill, primed and painted it. I made two "L" brackets on which I welded two 1/4" x 20 nuts to secure the unit with 1/4" x 20 stainless steel button head Allen screws. These brackets grab and secure the entire unit on the back of the vertical black plastic grill pieces toward both outer ends. This grill is plenty heavy duty enough to fend off most small and medium sized stones, squirrels, birds, etc.. The 3/16" rod does not have to be welded around the perimeter, which eliminates the sharp mesh ends, but can be cut to size and installed as is still giving a nice look and great purpose. If painted black, zip ties can be used to secure in place. Other Ryker fabricated parts listed in previous post titled "Owner fabricated parts/farkles for 2021 Ryker 900 ACE, and ROX handlebar risers" on 4/15/2022. I have another post with parts that I made for my 2016 F3T listed in the Spyder section. I imagine posts can be found using my ID of "BanditoRS". Thanks for viewing. I will try to answer any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BanditoRS; 07-19-2022 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Misspelling and added info.
    2016 F3 T , Fabricated adjustable brake rod Intense Pearl Red

Spyder Garage

Nice job
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the compliment, however I just like to share my projects and if I can help someone else do theirs then that is a bonus. I previously made my living doing custom paint ( mostly motorcycles ), airbrushed murals and graphics, truck lettering, signs, freehand pin striping as well as some Brit bike resto work. I am also retired for 13 years and turned my last job into a very enjoyable hobby. I fabricate stainless steel and aluminum things for my wife's Ryker 900 ( what a blast to ride ), and my 2016 F3T as well as jewelry and other items. Have to keep busy because it's my nature. Take care, be well, and safe. DH
    2016 F3 T , Fabricated adjustable brake rod Intense Pearl Red

Spyder Garage

that looks very nice,congrats!
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69