SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MADSTAD Innovations !

Hi Everyone
    Something NEW has been added
    After having owned several motorcycles and my Spyders and having installed
    the Madstad shield on them all I have decided to become a Dealer/Distributor
    They are by far the TOP of the line in motorcycle windshields. fully adjustable
    UP-DOWN-FORWARD & BACK get all or none of the wind,
    your passenger will love love love
    that you can direct the wind out of their face.

DON'T Settle for a one size fits all shield get the one that fits YOU
    Next time you think Windshield, think MADSTAD & ME Give me a call 209-887-3283 I will SAVE YOU $$$$$ MONEY $$$$$

Madstad.png www.madstad.com for full line and photos
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 07-19-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Do you have specs or a picture?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Hi Ray
    YES I will have them linked later today on my website but until then
    just go to www.madstad.com

Spyder Garage

Have the Madstad set up on my F3S. Also had one on my Yammy FZ09. Awesome windshields. I am pondering a 16" dark gray shield. I may have to hit you up

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Have the Madstad set up on my F3S. Also had one on my Yammy FZ09. Awesome windshields. I am pondering a 16" dark gray shield. I may have to hit you up
    COOL... I just got my new 20 inch Med. Gray for my F3S Love it ... and above all my wife loves it.

Spyder Garage

Looked for an RT screen....
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

Looked for an RT screen....
    I think Madstad is more of a sport bike screen. Don't seem to make them for RTs
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I have one on my 2015 F3-S and it stops the buffeting.
    Also on my 2008 Triumph Rocket III and it stops buffeting even at 120+ mph.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I think Madstad is more of a sport bike screen. Don't seem to make them for RTs
    Madstad DOES make new shields from clear to dark gray for the CanAm RT but since RT's have shields that move up and down
    they only make the windshields for all RT models, not the mounts.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Madstad DOES make new shields from clear to dark gray for the CanAm RT but since RT's have shields that move up and down
    they only make the windshields for all RT models, not the mounts.
    That's good to know. Thanks Dave.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    That's good to know. Thanks Dave.
    Where are you in Utah ????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Where are you in Utah ????
    Oakley
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

i installed the 22inch Madstad screen and adjustable brackets on my 2009 Spyder GS 3-4 years ago. This was BY FAR the best upgrade that I have made, and I have made quite a few on the 2009 GS. The stock screen did not work well at all for me and my six foot height. It offered very little wind protection and at the same time generated a lot of turbulence and noise at helmet level. It was noisy to the point that I needed ear plugs to ride the bike. The Madstad and it's adjustable mounting brackets allow one to tailor the wind protection and the pocket of clean air quite nicely, even with a passenger. And, it this adjustment only takes a few seconds. Once adjusted, the brackets stay put as well. If you have an RS or GS Spyder, I would highly recommend the Madstad adjustable brackets and screen. Makes the bike so much more comfortable and quiet vs stock. I have talked with the owner and found him to be knowledgeable, helpful, and responsive as well. Highly recommended.

If I had an F3?F3S or F3T, I would look at the Madstad products as well since the base F3 or F3S has little to no wind protection and the F3T has some...but it's not very good. My 2021 RTL, however, has what I consider very good wind protection with little to no turbulence and buffeting with the stock screen. The RTL has some of the best wind protection of any motorcycle that I have ever ridden, and, at least for me, the air is clean and essentially turbulence free. Many of the motorcycles I have ridden may have decent wind protection, but at the expense of turbulence and buffeting at helmet level, which is both fatiguing and also damaging to ones hearing.
    Thanks,
    Rod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ks4hcoach View Post
    i installed the 22inch Madstad screen and adjustable brackets on my 2009 Spyder GS 3-4 years ago. This was BY FAR the best upgrade that I have made, and I have made quite a few on the 2009 GS. The stock screen did not work well at all for me and my six foot height. It offered very little wind protection and at the same time generated a lot of turbulence and noise at helmet level. It was noisy to the point that I needed ear plugs to ride the bike. The Madstad and it's adjustable mounting brackets allow one to tailor the wind protection and the pocket of clean air quite nicely, even with a passenger. And, it this adjustment only takes a few seconds. Once adjusted, the brackets stay put as well. If you have an RS or GS Spyder, I would highly recommend the Madstad adjustable brackets and screen. Makes the bike so much more comfortable and quiet vs stock. I have talked with the owner and found him to be knowledgeable, helpful, and responsive as well. Highly recommended.

If I had an F3?F3S or F3T, I would look at the Madstad products as well since the base F3 or F3S has little to no wind protection and the F3T has some...but it's not very good. My 2021 RTL, however, has what I consider very good wind protection with little to no turbulence and buffeting with the stock screen. The RTL has some of the best wind protection of any motorcycle that I have ever ridden, and, at least for me, the air is clean and essentially turbulence free. Many of the motorcycles I have ridden may have decent wind protection, but at the expense of turbulence and buffeting at helmet level, which is both fatiguing and also damaging to ones hearing.
    Thanks,
    Rod
    Well said.... Madstad is by far the best .

Spyder Garage

So far I am happy with the stock RT windshield, but for those considering a windshield change, here is a couple pennies worth of my experience. On my '14 and then my '16 Victory CCT, I went through 3 different windshields before ending up with the MadStad system. Some think they are ugly, and while not the sleekest looking by any means, the adjustability made up for it in different weather conditions. I would recommend them to someone who is considering changing.
    2022 Sea to Sky