Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have Corbin seat on their 2021 RT? Comfortable??

Does anyone own a Corbin seat for a 2020+ RT? They look really comfortable.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-19-2022 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask question ;-)

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

They're not Comfortable go with ultimate seats

Spyder Garage

The ultimate seat looks similar to what I have, which is the comfort seat. Is it really that much better? I know that right now, even with the comfort seat and a sheepskin cover, my butt starts to ache after about 2 hours of continuous riding.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

F
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    The ultimate seat looks similar to what I have, which is the comfort seat. Is it really that much better? I know that right now, even with the comfort seat and a sheepskin cover, my butt starts to ache after about 2 hours of continuous riding.
    That’s the same complaint as I have. I had an Ultimate seat on my VTX and found it to be no better than the stock seat. I will not spend that kind of money again. On my RTS, I did the cat delete, have beads on the seat and then the sheepskin. It’s not perfect, but it is better than it was. You might try Motorcycle Daves gel insert....I have not heard much feedback from those who have tried it.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I have Dave's inserts on mine, it does help but does it eliminate it? For my butt, not completely.

I also have an Alaskan Leathers lamb wool sheepskin and the combo of both items greatly improves things.
    6+ hours with no problems and only stopped for gas, and then only long enough to fill the tank.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a corbin on my F3 and it is comfortable after break in just recently did a long ride to Atlantic City NJ from Frederick MD and I was comfortable but god the fitment on it is Pi$$ Poor.

So if you care about the look of your machine like I do don't get it because you can't return it and their customer service line is really awful.

If I had not spent so much money on it I would just trash it just based on the way it fits my machine.

I will be able to tell you more on long distance comfort after next week. Starting friday I am going from Md. to SW Georgia then to the Cherohala Skyway and spend the night at the dragon and then coming home via the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive.

I will have about 4 full days total of riding in different conditions so it will be interesting to see how the Corbin or should I say my tushy holds up to the task.

Just to add on my wife rode as passenger for her first long distance trip with me to Atlantic City her only complaint was some chafing on the inside of her legs. She is a shorter person and requires risers in order for her to reach the footboards so I think her legs are spread out a little more on the grabber panels I had picked out on the edge of the seat. Plus it was her first long ride so her thigh's probably were not used to it.

IMG_20220209_182316984.jpgIMG_20220209_182420317.jpgIMG_20220209_183509242.jpg
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 07-19-2022 at 12:31 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I had a Corbin on my 2014 RT and loved it. Does take break in time. Unfortunately, the only after market seat for 2020+ right now is Ultimate. Neither Corbin or Mustang have seats for the new style RT's yet.
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

I love Corbin's. Owned (4) of them on different bikes. The only reason I don't have one on my F3S is because I like the two piece seat.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I had a Corbin on my 2014 RT and loved it. Does take break in time. Unfortunately, the only after market seat for 2020+ right now is Ultimate. Neither Corbin or Mustang have seats for the new style RT's yet.
    Oops, I stand corrected, Corbin must have released their 2020+ seat very recently.
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Whatever seat you choose l, it’s best to go to the factory and have it made to fit. Buying a standard seat can make it not very comfortable.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Whatever seat you choose l, it’s best to go to the factory and have it made to fit. Buying a standard seat can make it not very comfortable.
    and the majority of us are unable to do that, so........

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    and the majority of us are unable to do that, so........
    ……at the risk of sounding like a broken record, there is NO guarantee that buying an off the shelf aftermarket seat will work for YOU, simply because someone else has one and it worked for THEM. We are all different shapes and sizes, with different tolerance levels. The only way to guarantee all day comfort is to get a seat tailored specifically to you and your seating position.

You do not have to drive in to a custom seat maker to be fitted, Brucie. I’m out in Australia, so that certainly wasn’t an option for me. You send Daylong (or Laam etc), photos of you on your seat, along with your personal measurements and weight, your seat (or buy a cheap second hand one so you can keep your stock seat to put back on at sale time. You can, of course, ride in for a fitting if the builder is close enough, as Flamewinger suggested.

As a heavier, longer rider, I have never had an OEM seat that was comfortable for more than 30 minutes, and trying and returning one size fits all aftermarket seats becomes a pain (literally). I have also tried gel inserts, sheepskin, reshaping, Airhawk etc, none of which were successful for me.

I have had Daylong seats on Harleys, Victory, Triumph and others, and they have all worked beautifully on multi days trips. I did have to send the Victory seat back for some tweaks as it was not as comfortable as normal, and it was fully addressed. As you can imagine the current cost of shipping adds a significant amount to the Daylong seat price, but I have never once regretted spending the extra for the all day comfort I get.

Sure, you may fluke a one size fits all seat that is perfect for you, (and it WILL be simple good luck), but it is certainly worth doing some detailed research on custom seats before outlaying for a one size fits all.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 07-31-2022 at 04:35 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Also reluctant to spend +$1K for a seat which won't solve issue...

Did you order Alaskan Leather buttpad Pillion 1 or Pillion 1 Extra Wide? Little confusing on their site...

Thanks!
    Martin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KW1M View Post
    Also reluctant to spend +$1K for a seat which won't solve issue...

Did you order Alaskan Leather buttpad Pillion 1 or Pillion 1 Extra Wide? Little confusing on their site...

Thanks!
    Martin
    Not sure who you're asking but, I got the Pillion 1 for my 2020 RT Ltd

Spyder Garage

Thanks -- Alaskan Leathers shows 2 (both pillion 1) but one in Wide
    pad.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KW1M View Post
    Thanks -- Alaskan Leathers shows 2 (both pillion 1) but one in Wide
    pad.jpg
    I'm sorry, I just went back and looked. I have the Pillion 5 for the passenger and the Large for myself.

Also if you order anything try using the code deadsheep for a discount, it has worked for me every time.
    Last edited by K80Shooter; 07-20-2022 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added discount code

Spyder Garage

No worries - I'm an idiot -- was looking at Ryker line not Spyder.... Ordered last night and your discount code worked! great group! thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    ……at the risk of sounding like a broken record, there is NO guarantee that buying an off the shelf aftermarket seat will work for YOU, simply because someone else has one and it worked for THEM. We are all different shapes and sizes, with different tolerance levels. The only way to guarantee all day comfort is to get a seat tailored specifically to you and your seating position.

You do not have to drive in to a custom seat maker to be fitted, Brucie. I’m out in Australia, so that certainly wasn’t an option for me. You send Daylong (or Laam etc), photos of you on your seat, along with your personal measurements and weight, your seat (or buy a cheap second hand one so you can keep your stock seat to put back on at sale time. You can, of course, ride in for a fitting if the builder is close enough, as Flamewinger suggested.

As a heavier, longer rider, I have never had an OEM seat that was comfortable for more than 30 minutes, and trying and returning one size fits all aftermarket seats becomes a pain (literally). I have also tried gel inserts, sheepskin, reshaping, Airhawk etc, none of which were successful for me.

I have had Daylong seats on Harleys, Victory, Triumph and others, and they have all worked beautifully on multi days trips. I did have to send the Victory seat back for some tweaks as it was not as comfortable as normal, and it was fully addressed. As you can imagine the current cost of shipping adds a significant amount to the Daylong seat price, but I have never once regretted spending the extra for the all day comfort I get.

Sure, you may fluke a one size fits all seat that is perfect for you, (and it WILL be simple good luck), but it is certainly worth doing some detailed research on custom seats before outlaying for a one size fits all.

Pere
    Pete, do you have pictures of your Daylong seat for your RTL?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    Pete, do you have pictures of your Daylong seat for your RTL?
    Yep…..not the prettiest seat in the world, but it looks better on the Spyder than on any of my previous bikes, and wow, does it work well, QuickDraw
    P.s. that’s the Sunbrella top on the seat. Works well at shedding water and staying cool in the sun.

F208FC70-769A-4CC1-8AA4-4EF9F2F992E4.jpg

86B4E049-79A6-4C5D-9A45-0FB0EA0F046C.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

That might be the way to go then. That seat looks comfortable for sure.

Spyder Garage

Double post delete.
    Last edited by FrogmanDave; 07-22-2022 at 02:21 PM.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Yep…..not the prettiest seat in the world
    Disagree. I think that thing is sexy as hell!

that’s the Sunbrella top on the seat.
    What is this Sunbrella you talk about? I can't see anything there but seat.

Apologies for the hijack Quickdraw

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Disagree. I think that thing is sexy as hell!

What is this Sunbrella you talk about? I can't see anything there but seat.

Apologies for the hijack Quickdraw
    Let Pete confirm this but, I think it is the fabric that's on the seat part.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Let Pete confirm this but, I think it is the fabric that's on the seat part.
    Yeah, you got it in one, K80. The sides of the seat are done in vinyl, but the top of the seat (with the pattern), is done in Sunbrella. Leather can give you a pretty waterproof solution if you look after it, but it still gets pretty hot if left in the sun. Sunbrella stays cooler, and doesn’t get super cold on frigid mornings. It certainly doesn’t look as good as leather, but I am more into practicality these days.

This is the DayLong Color chart, that has some samples down the bottom to give you a better idea.
    https://day-long.com/place-your-order/color-chart/

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

This is the DayLong Color chart, that has some samples down the bottom to give you a better idea.
    https://day-long.com/place-your-order/color-chart/

Pete
    Man they have every color under the sun (see what I did there) in the Sunbrella material.