Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know of any recall on the 2014 RT?

Does anyone know of any recall on the 2014 Rt?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-16-2022 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Expanded Thread Title to briefly ask question ;-)

Spyder Garage

There's the recall below for 2015-2019 Spyder F3's AND RT's:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...Recall-FINALLY

But that's not for 2014's - did you have anything specific in mind, or do you just want to know in general??

If you want to know if there's anything listed as outstanding on your Spyder, just ask your Dealer to enter your VIN into their system to check - not only will that tell them what work HAS been done & registered on BRP's System, it'll also highlight anything that needs to be done!

Over to you!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

What type of recall are you specifically inquiring about? If you are inquiring about safety recalls, go to this link, https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en/, scroll to the bottom of the web page, click on [B]Safety Recalls[B] and type in your VIN. If you are looking for other recalls, send an email to BRPCare@brp.com, give them your VIN and ask them to tell you the recalls that have been issued for your Spyder. BRP will most probably tell you to contact your dealer; they do that. If you are inquiring specifically about the RT & F3 front sprocket recall, as I understand from posters here on SL, a change in the MY 2014 RT front sprocket was made sometime around mid-March or so of 2014. MY '14 has the original sprocket that is a different part number than those under recall. BRP may tell you to ask your dealer to check it but you can do it yourself if you want to pull off the necessary panels to see the sprocket.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-16-2022 at 11:24 AM. Reason: those ;-)
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I purchased a 2014 RTL new and there have been no recalls
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-16-2022 at 06:12 PM. Reason: has - have ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    There's the recall below for 2015-2019 Spyder F3's AND RT's:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...Recall-FINALLY

But that's not for 2014's - did you have anything specific in mind, or do you just want to know in general??

If you want to know if there's anything listed as outstanding on your Spyder, just ask your Dealer to enter your VIN into their system to check - not only will that tell them what work HAS been done & registered on BRP's System, it'll also highlight anything that needs to be done!

Over to you!
    Peter, that service bulletin does include 2014s made after April, I believe.

At one time, it was possible to find out on BRP's website which service bulletins and recalls affected a given VIN, as I recall.
    2014 RTL Platinum