Spyder Garage

Default What Bolts used in Replacing the Rear Brakes in Ryker?

I have been helping a friend restore a salvage 2019 Ryker. One of the things that happened is the rear brake assembly has been stripped out and needs to be replaced. I got a replacement brake assembly, but I wanted to replace the two bolts used to hold the assembly in place. (as the service manual recommends) The bolts I took off were Flange Bolts M10 1.25mm pitch, 115 mm long, class 10.9. I have been everywhere I can think of, talked to two different dealerships, three people in the Canada office of Can-Am, no one can tell me what the part number is for the bolts. The service manual calls them "Caliper screws" which are not listed in any website I can find. It is possible they are part of the Sring/boot/bolt kit, (219800449), (do you suppose that is supposed to be Spring?) or the Pin set (705600081)? Just to be additionally confusing the service manual says "To ensure good clamping of calipers screws, it is imperative to clean knuckle threads using a metric tap M10 x 1.5." But the screws I pulled out are M10 X 1.25.
    Has anyone replaced the bolts that hold the rear brake assembly on to the frame> Can you confirm what the bolts actually are, and what part number I have to order? Just to make my life additionally problematic, the local Bolt and Nut stores as well as Mcmaster Carr does not sell this flange bolt in that length.

Spyder Garage

What it looks like to me is Hex. Flanged Screw M10 X 115 Scotch G.
    250001127 Look up the oem parts under the final drive assembly and you will see the 2 bolts.
    David

Spyder Garage

That does look like the same metric size and length, hopefully they are the right pitch, whatever that pitch may be. hoping to get confirmation from someone who has replaced the bolts in the back caliper. Thank you so much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rvandrew View Post
    That does look like the same metric size and length, hopefully they are the right pitch, whatever that pitch may be. hoping to get confirmation from someone who has replaced the bolts in the back caliper. Thank you so much.
    Can Am makes it very hard to look up parts. They are never where you think they would be

Spyder Garage

Looks like the part you pointed out is for the 2021 Ryker 900. For the 2019 Ryker, it looks like I need a 250000999. Identical part description, don't know what the difference is.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rvandrew View Post
    Looks like the part you pointed out is for the 2021 Ryker 900. For the 2019 Ryker, it looks like I need a 250000999. Identical part description, don't know what the difference is.
    I see the number I gave you is for the 2020, 2021, and 2022. I see it shows a different p/n for the 19 model. That's strange.
    David

Spyder Garage

just got a reply from Can Am parts, even they can't tell what the difference is. so, I ordered two of each part number, just because it was going to drive me crazy not knowing, and just in case there was a real reason. I just got my used replacement brake assembly today, and I expect the bolts by mid week next week. I will pass the info along when I get them.

Spyder Garage

You can purchase m10x125x115 10.9 grade bolts at ace hardware .