Spyder Garage

Default Any advice on how difficult Side mirror removal/repl is on 2017 F3-Ltd?

I am thinking of getting A-arm lights that connect to the blinker system - they A-arm install looks easy, my hesitation comes from removal of the side mirrors to connect the electric to the blinkers. Any advice or thoughts on the removal AND attachment back of the mirrors. Thanks in advance.

Jim
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-13-2022 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask actual question ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    I am thinking of getting A-arm lights that connect to the blinker system - they A-arm install looks easy, my hesitation comes from removal of the side mirrors to connect the electric to the blinkers. Any advice or thoughts on the removal AND attachment back of the mirrors. Thanks in advance.

Jim
    Not to sound rude, but this info should be in your owner's manual ...... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Not to sound rude, but this info should be in your owner's manual ...... good luck .... Mike
    Not rude at all - I was looking for a difficulty factor not how to do it.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    Not rude at all - I was looking for a difficulty factor not how to do it.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim, I did that on my ‘16 F3-L, but quite I while ago, so my memory is vague on the actual process. I do not remember it being difficult or time consuming…..just a few bolts. There would probably be a video somewhere on the Lamonster site that would show the process. If I can find it I’ll post the link.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Jim…..this one shows how to remove the mirrors……it’s for the mirror locks, but it shows the removal process..
    https://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamo...-mirror-locks/

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Have read problems with mirror shell coming off unexpectedly without any work mentioned. Hopefully not a problem, maybe something else to review.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Have read problems with mirror shell coming off unexpectedly without any work mentioned. Hopefully not a problem, maybe something else to review.
    Yeah…..good catch, Bfromia. It would certainly be worthwhile looking at buying and installing Lamonts vibration removing bolts and upgraded shell clips at the same time as your a-arm install, Jim.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.