Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Attended 3 Wheel Rally in Deadwood, Sd

WOW--------
    The Rally is 4 days old, having a good time here in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I'm surprised that out of the hundreds of Spyder ryders here that there haven't been more posts???
    Been touring with Battle Born Spyders from Nevada and new acquaintances from Canada. Good time over all.
    Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 07-13-2022 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Speeling
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for that .... I hope you have excellent weather ..... I have wanted to go to this one, however it is too far for tis 75 year old .... ..................Enjoy .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Also suprised about the few posting from DW3.

Our last trip showed us that we can no longer travel that kind of miles for any trip. Our touring by Spyder days are over and we now have to use the cage for that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Have a good time Lew. I wish I was there with you!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

The rally has been a good time ryding and making new friends. Another item to check off my bucket list.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thank you for that .... I hope you have excellent weather ..... I have wanted to go to this one, however it is too far for tis 75 year old .... ..................Enjoy .... Mike
    We wandered some (Moab/Arches National park and climbed Pike's Peak) and did over 1,200 miles. NO iron butt for us at 75 years young. The Spyder is getting 40+ mpg and I've seen 45..... riding weather is perfect till 1pm or so then it's 90 and I gotta keep the Spyder moving. I'm letting it cool now and will check the coolant soon. They sell alcohol free 91 octane up here - the Stage 1 likes it....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-13-2022 at 03:22 PM. Reason: ' 's & caps ;-)

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is this the same 75 y.o. that spends his winters crashing down hillsides on 2x4s?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Is this the same 75 y.o. that spends his winters crashing down hillsides on 2x4s?
    That’s the same guy. You ought to try following him thru the twisties. Good ryder and a great guide.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I so wanted to attend this event. I had made a ton of plans in my mind. Then life decided to intrude.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Yep ..... however if I'm not having a good day I just pack-up and leave ...... that's not possible 2000 mi. from home ...... Mike... PS ... Clint Eastwood said it best " A man has to know His limitations " .... I now live by that phrase .....

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Don’t forget to ride The Needles Highway and Spearfish Canyon !!
    Last edited by Peacekeeper6; 07-13-2022 at 10:04 PM.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yep ..... however if I'm not having a good day I just pack-up and leave ...... that's not possible 2000 mi. from home ...... Mike... PS ... Clint Eastwood said it best " A man has to know His limitations " .... I now live by that phrase .....
    I sure hear what you’re saying Mike. For me a “pushing it day” is 300 miles and a good day’s ride is now down to 200 miles for this 79+ y/o body. With that said, it just means it takes me probably twice as long to get somewhere. Know your limitations every day, and listen to what your body is telling you. I just did a comfortable 100 mile “local” tour today (actually 159.3 kms)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2022 at 01:37 AM. Reason: No - Know ;-)

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    Don’t forget to ride The Needles Highway and Spearfish Canyon !!
    Did them both. It's such stunning country.

Lew L

Spyder Garage

I am 79 and still ride long trips. I live in SC and just returned from a 3500 mile trip to WI rally. Long trip riding is more tiring now but my wife and I handle it. Riding makes me feel younger!

Spyder Garage

We went a couple yrs ago. The area is certainly beautiful no matter which way you head for the day. The year we went there wasn't any guided rides, and we weren't familiar with the area, so that was a bummer. There really wasn't much for organized activities either. Overall we were disappointed with the really itself, but we've been back to the black hills a few times to ride the area. I always tell anyone who asks where to ride...."any road with the word Canyon in its name is a must ride".. Awesome!!! And yes, the common and popular roads never disappoint either
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The Needles Highway and Spearfish Canyon were awesome rides.
    The Devils Tower is another must see.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Rally and the Black Hills! We had planned on attending the Rally again this year but had a funeral to attend. We were there for the first Rally and several since. It's only a half day ride for us to get there but life gets in the way sometimes. We just got back from a 3 week/4400 hundred mile ride to North Carolina and the Outer Banks. Great ride!
    I hope you were able to ride Iron Mountain Road. We were able to do Tail of the Dragon going out and coming back to Ft Bragg and the OBX..
    It is a beautiful ride but I'm a little prejudice and think that Iron Mountain Road has an edge on the Tail of the Dragon.
    Tail of the Dragon: 11 miles and 318 curves.
    Iron Mountain Road: 17 miles, 314 curves, 14 switchbacks, 3 tunnels, 3 pigtails, 2 splits and 4 Presidents!
    Enjoy your stay in South Dakota and safe travels!!
    [SIGPIC]
    2020 RTL Petrol Metallic/Dark (his) current Ryde
    2021 RTL Deep Marsala Metallic /Chrome (hers) current Ryde

Spyder Garage

Spy-Fyg2 As much as I enjoyed the Dragon I have to agree the Iron Mountain Road is a real treat and I love that you can pull over and enjoy the sights without being run over by racer rick and his pals.

Lew I had hoped to go again this year and would have loved to see you and your wife again but it was not to be. I have been there for the last 3 years but, as they say, life got in the way. Maybe next year. When I went up last year we took the old Deadwood Stage road from Cheyenne to Deadwood. Made some interesting stops along the way.

The first year that I went they had "Ride with a local" rides and I signed up for a couple of those and they were really fun. The next 2 years I went and saw whatever interested me and the one year got royally lost out on the plains up north and almost ran out of gas, that is some desolate country.

I really like this rally, Teresa has done a magnificent job of growing it from a small gathering to a major trike event.The largest participants are the Spyder riders. I took a friend of mine the 1st time I went who rides a Harley Trike (a conversion) and he said "so this is what it feels like to be the minority marque at a rally". I am planning on attending next year even if I have to trailer it up.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-16-2022 at 11:15 AM. Reason: ' 's ;-)

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to our first trip to this event next year! Already have our camping site reserved at Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort. Put the Spyder in the back of the toy hauler and head out there from Wisconsin.

Spyder Garage

If you haven’t been here, a sample of a couple rides…

https://youtu.be/dySi7tWslkA

https://youtu.be/79CBEBWSg8k
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    I sure hear what you’re saying Mike. For me a “pushing it day” is 300 miles and a good day’s ride is now down to 200 miles for this 79+ y/o body. With that said, it just means it takes me probably twice as long to get somewhere. Know your limitations every day, and listen to what your body is telling you. I just did a comfortable 100 mile “local” tour today (actually 159.3 kms)
    10-4 on the 300 limit being changed to 200. I am going to be 77 later this year. The touring bones now hurt on the long drives. But.................................I ain't done yet. We are blessed to be living in the "worlds best" motorcycle riding area of the South. (My opinion...but that's the one that counts...right?) We can turn out of our driveway, in any direction, and in five minutes we have beautiful scenery, twisties, and even a mountain to climb within 10 miles. A 100 mile loop ride in any direction remains fantastic. Home base, for us, is fantastic.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    10-4 on the 300 limit being changed to 200. We can turn out of our driveway, in any direction, and in five minutes we have beautiful scenery, twisties, and even a mountain to climb within 10 miles. A 100 mile loop ride in any direction remains fantastic. Home base, for us, is fantastic.
    Jeepers AR, when did you move to British Columbia, Canada ����?

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Recently returned from the rally. Trailered to the rally. Five days to get there. Five days there. Five days to get home. Had an awesome time. Met up with some old friends, made many more new ones. We took our time going there and coming home. Approx. 4300 miles towing the spyder. Mostly back roads, taking in the sights of old time America. Old decaying towns. Thriving old old towns. You miss an awful lot just doing the super slabs! We stopped many times when we came across something that interested us. Old museums, train stations. Eating in Mom and Pop restaurants when we could. Lots of very friendly people along the way that were very happy to tell us about the area. The weather was perfect. Very hot along the way. Toping out at 104* in MS. Deadwood was VERY dry. Humidity was 31% all week. It was our second year in a row going there. Already have reservations for next year. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    If you haven’t been here, a sample of a couple rides…

https://youtu.be/dySi7tWslkA

https://youtu.be/79CBEBWSg8k
    Thanks for sharing.

Spyder Garage

Yes. EXCELLENT videos.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)