Spyder Garage

Default ‘21 RT - Tall Rider Setup Photos.

Thought I’d post a couple of photos of a ‘21 RT set up for tall (6’7”). This works a treat for me, and might give others some ideas.

* Custom Russell Daylong seat lifts me 2” for a bit more legroom and all day seating comfort.

* Helibars handlebars rotated well forward (elongated the slot), for higher, further bars. (And I can still see 90% of the stock mirrors due to the flexibility of the Helibars handlebar adjustments)

* 25” F4 screen (off my ‘16 F3-L with a couple of new mounting holes). I can still see well over it.

* Highway pegs mounted under the floorboards (they flip up out of the way).

* Brake pedal rubber removed and the metal pedal treated with rubberised paint.

This setup works an absolute treat for me on long multi day trips.

44FE0036-ED60-4A1F-9927-D709E3511AD5.jpg

0C142F8C-407B-429A-A37A-50B62D1D275A.jpg

482DC4CC-6AA0-4A5D-9EC1-0C2B89C50A07.jpg

DE170B83-C230-4730-934D-D5FDF521405B.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tall Taller

....A very nice report Pete. I am sure someone will come on board and have some additional information.

Again Thank You for your Report. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bro, there's "tall" then there's Chewbacca tall. (You're the latter. ) Nice write up.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

Looking good. Those Day-Longs are the stuff!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Pretty green and plush for being early winter

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I'd be interested in knowing more about your highway pegs. Are they something you custom fabricated or are they available as bolt on units from someone? The standard highway pegs on the Spyder just are not very comfortable for me even though I'm seven inches shorter that you. I like that Russell DayLong seat, jealous.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Pretty green and plush for being early winter
    Are you talking about me or the garden, Troop. We never get below around 45f, plus it has been raining on and off for 2 years now (El Nino / La Niρa ?? ….I never get the right one). We are now in the middle of winter….max of 70f yesterday )

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Bro, there's "tall" then there's Chewbacca tall. (You're the latter. ) Nice write up.
    Hahaha…..as an ex basketballer, I never think of myself as really tall, MONK…….I’ll leave that moniker for Kevin Durant, Shaq, Andrew Bogut etc . I used to be a centre in my 20’s. The last game I played, after we started bringing out US imports, I was the shortest player on court. Ronnie Cavenall 7’1”, Tom Flavin 6’10”, Brad Dalton 6’10, me, and Owen Wells….a 6’8” point guard. I knew my time was up

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 07-13-2022 at 03:39 AM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing more about your highway pegs. Are they something you custom fabricated or are they available as bolt on units from someone? The standard highway pegs on the Spyder just are not very comfortable for me even though I'm seven inches shorter that you. I like that Russell DayLong seat, jealous.
    I tried the stock highway pegs from Lamonster, but they just didn’t work, Adventurer. Because my knees were still bent when my feet were as far forward on the boards as they can go, when I added the highway pegs above/slightly forward of the boards, that simply made my knee bend greater . I had some left over fixings from earlier highway pegs. All I had to do was drill a couple of holes through the boards to get the bracket to come out alongside the board (rather than in front of it), and I attached my pegs straight to the bracket. Yes they are closer to the ground, but they are still higher than the bottom of the frame, so have no issues with their height. So it was effectively a fabrication, but a very, very simple one. The extra height of the Daylong gives me that little bit of extra legroom so that I rarely have to use the pegs anyway.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

The wife is gonna give me a verbal beating once she finds out I just ordered the Helibars. But my motto is, better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

QuickDraw, you won’t regret that purchase (after copping some grief at home, of course ). The combination of angles that the Helibars give you is simply amazing. I took a couple of hex drivers with me on my first long trip, and made some further adjustments on the fly, and now get zero comfort issues in wrists and shoulders, no matter how long the day.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    The wife is gonna give me a verbal beating once she finds out I just ordered the Helibars. But my motto is, better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.
    You will love those Heli-bars and the wife will appreciate not hearing you gripe about sore shoulders and wrists anymore….
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now if I suddenly grow 9" I'll know just what to do!

Now, about those standard doorways...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Thought I’d post a couple of photos of a ‘21 RT set up for tall (6’7”). This works a treat for me, and might give others some ideas.
    Awesome modifications! Which highway pegs did you use?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-03-2022 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Drwerner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Awesome modifications! Which highway pegs did you use?
    Thanks DrWerner……..they are Frankensteins. I believe the bracket was one from Lamonster’s highway pegs from his old F3 RIP boards, modified by a couple of new bolt holes to sit further back under the stock RT boards, and turned upside down. The pegs themselves are foldable Kuryakyns from my old Rocket III Touring. I originally had fixed pegs, but they stuck out and got in the way when stationary.

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-03-2022 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.