Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP can't get all the parts for the 2022's, how's that gonna work for 2023's? I'm confused!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-06-2022 at 04:22 PM. Reason: get ;-)

Spyder Garage

Due to the supply issues, the only change may be in available colors.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Shaft drive. No more belt issues, no more vibration, no more red dust failed pulleys.

Honestly, most likely a price increase to cover those added on surcharge fees.
    I would be all in for a shaft drive.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

I heard that this years models are going to be like Sears grills, some assembly required!! You get a box of parts, hopefully there all there, and all you need is a screwdriver, wrench, and a big hammer to assemble!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hoping for the best, we're going to be looking.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Hoping for the best, we're going to be looking.
    Best will be the release of the Honda Neowing. Honda has been granted so many new patents that when released, it should be quite the machine. Since its release of the prototype show vehicle years ago, each year many speculate it will be sooner than later. With the recent Can Am debacle of shopping incomplete vehicles, long waits for parts, and most recently National Highway Transportation Administration recalls, Honda will likely strike very soon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Page not found

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I heard that this years models are going to be like Sears grills, some assembly required!! You get a box of parts, hopefully there all there, and all you need is a screwdriver, wrench, and a big hammer to assemble!!!
    Really wished I could of had this option... At least I would have known it was done right the first time...

Spyder Garage

Best will be the release of the Honda Neowing. Honda has been granted so many new patents that when released, it should be quite the machine. Since its release of the prototype show vehicle years ago, each year many speculate it will be sooner than later. With the recent Can Am debacle of shopping incomplete vehicles, long waits for parts, and most recently National Highway Transportation Administration recalls, Honda will likely strike very soon.
    I think Honda has been having the same issues. I for one would be one of the first in line to purchase one IF they ever come out with it.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

I guess you have to be on facebook to get the news on the new models.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

From the look of the comments, it appears as though the name “SpyderLovers” is a thing of the past to some. I, for one, LOVE MY SPYDER, and as far as NEW for ‘23....... who knows? it’s all speculation and pipe dreams.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I read there will be no more Goldwings...Hopefully Honda's ready with something for the mass of older riders...Competition can be a good thing...larryd

Spyder Garage

Watched the release video. Not a lot of info, but nice colors for the new F3's, that is if you like blues.

Spyder Garage

looks like a 1000.00 price increase on the F3L.. couple new colors.. one color for the special series, with price increase and no drivers backrest.. yikes

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...der-f3-limited
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$1,000 increase, yikes, if that's the f3 increase, the RTL is gonna be shocking. My 2020 RTL is gonna have to last for a very long time hoping that it doesn't seriously break.

Spyder Garage

Yes, saw the new model 2023 changes this morning. A few new colors, some new wheels, what seems like less included amenity features, the continued surcharge fee and guessing a price increase. Oh well.

At a guess, with exhaust emissions standards changing for 2025, this is one rumor of why the Honda Goldwing is phased out, very possibly Can Am is working towards a fully automatic shifting machine to meet these new emissions requirements, or is focused on hybrid or electric powered Spyders. Quite possibly those next generations will be the next new models. The European and Japanese emissions standards tend to be the driving force behind motorcycle changes currently. It is expected those standards or very similar standards will be adopted in the USA eventually.

If the rumor is true about some of why Honda is discontinuing the Goldwing, it is emissions based. Word is with fully automatic transmissions, the computers can fully control the performance and emissions. 2025 is the year the standards go into effect. So maybe 2024 or 2025 models, will see major changes.

If nothing else, these minimal changes and price increases will continue, or should continue to let earlier models retain higher resale prices when sold to individuals. Dealers will continue to offer low ball trade in while selling at a top drawer premium. Seeing what folks are paying for nice condition used V Twin Spyders, and earlier year 1330 models, it seems those prices are remaining strong for at least a bit longer.

As for those 2025 emissions standards, luckily I own 4 high performance two stroke vintage motorcycles with no plans to part with any of them.
    Last edited by PMK; 08-08-2022 at 08:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

End of the GoldWing is an annual rumor. Normally reserved for the PMS months, however.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    End of the GoldWing is an annual rumor. Normally reserved for the PMS months, however.
    Sorry my post was not fully clear. Honda has apparently stated the Goldwing is discontinued for the Japanese market. Here in the USA you can still buy a 2023 Goldwing. Word also is Hondas production of Goldwings is scheduled to cease in December. Whether that means all variants, will remain to be seen. Speculation though is a new version with fully automatic transmission to meet the 2025 standard. As we both know, time will tell, but the 2025 emissions standard is real for companies selling motorcycles in affected countries.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting the link to the new reveal.

The line up has not much in the way of change, as in, newer or better. I like a couple of the "new" color combos. Not excited at all about the S2S green. It makes it look like a 72 Plymouth. i did not like that color then, either.

Our 2019 and 2020 orange F3L's are looking better all the time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I got an email from BRP showing the models for 2023 along with new color options.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I hope the guys that have been waiting a long time for their 2022's and decided to change their deposit to 2023's get a deal.
    Waiting that long and losing a season, then a price jump of a $1000. I know I would be a little pissed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Holy sheet Batman $1200 bucks for a pillion backrest, $2333 for Akrapovic (au$$ie toilet paper).
    This isn't a hobby anymore it's a body parts reduction decision. How much for a left goolie.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GFrog View Post
    Just got an update from my dealer and my 2022 delivery is now 31 August (maybe). So I'm very interested in seeing what 2023 brings.

I also talked to BRP this afternoon and depending on how delivery of the 2022 models go (or not) they may offer some rebates on 2023 models to those of us who didn't get their 2022s. They told me that they did that for 2022 Snowmobiles orders that BRP was unable to fulfil. They provided credits towards 2023 models.

We'll see how it goes.
    Did you hear anything from your dealer? With the big price increases, I'm guessing the rebate will just bring the 2023 models back to the price of the 2022 you didn't get.
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Azbronco View Post
    Did you hear anything from your dealer? With the big price increases, I'm guessing the rebate will just bring the 2023 models back to the price of the 2022 you didn't get.
    Much has happened with my order in the past few weeks. BRP had advised my dealer that it wasn't able to deliver my 2022 RTL anytime soon. My dealer was about to return my money when I suggested we get a surplus 2022 Spyder from another dealer elsewhere in Canada. The dealership manager said that he didn't think anyone had surplus stock that wasn't already sold, but told me to advise him if I found one and that he would see what he could do.

I found a 2022 Sea to Sky in Ontario (Canada) that was received by the dealer there. The Ontario Manager said that he was open to some sort of arrangement with my dealer. I put the two managers together and they came to some sort of agreement.

Of course are a few glitches with the whole plan, 1. The S2S was received with missing parts by the Ontario dealer . 2. There will be extra shipping cost paid by me for shipping from Ontario to Nova Scotia. 3. I have to pay the updated 2022 Freight & PDI and commodity surcharge instead of the original 2021 prices because this deal is outside of BRPs hands. Although these extra charges seem unfair, I'm still ahead because I had a $28,500 trade-in in Nova Scotia and was only paying the tax on the difference; a saving of over $4,300.

Once the parts arrive in Ontario and the S2S is shipped to Nova Scotia, I'll be the proud owner of a new 2022 Spyder Sea to Sky.

Crazy saga isn't it!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-09-2022 at 05:50 PM. Reason: as aving - a saving %-)
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

I’m still waiting on my 22 RTL ordered in January. I thought BRP stopped Spyder builds by this time of year to focus on snowmobiles. My dealer thinks my new Spyder will arrive fully assembled but just when hasn’t been determined. I think and believe this current supply shortage is not going to end without major design changes. The entire transportation industry is going to face tremendous problems in the near future with acquisitions of new materials, parts and a supply of batteries from mined sources in China and Russia.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-13-2022 at 11:07 AM. Reason: political content
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator