Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RT-S SE5 bogging down... engine light & VSS - Any ideas?

Something strange happened while we were riding the Spyder today - we rode about 20 miles this morning and then all of a sudden the bike started to bog down, no power! I looked at the gauges and the engine light came on along with the vss symbol, but the engine kept running! We pulled over, turned off the bike, waited about 30 minutes, started the bike back up, and came home with no issues after that! Can you guys tell me why this happened? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-10-2022 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask question ;-)

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like the “riding the brake” limp mode. Just make sure you’re not inadvertently depressing the brake pedal as you’re riding. Also, check your brake pedal and linkage to ensure that the brake light is not sticking on when you aren’t applying the brakes. Clean it up under there.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RKS-RTS-10 View Post
    Something strange happened while we were riding the Spyder today - we rode about 20 miles this morning and then all of a sudden the bike started to bog down, no power! I looked at the gauges and the engine light came on along with the vss symbol, but the engine kept running! We pulled over, turned off the bike, waited about 30 minutes, started the bike back up, and came home with no issues after that! Can you guys tell me why this happened? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated?
    In the future if something happens again ..... I would stop and park the Spyder, shut it off, REMOVE the Key, stand along side it then re-start after 30 seconds ..... that is all it will take for a computer re-boot to occur. .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike thats what I did and it's been fine ever since!