Spyder Garage

Default Fobo TPMS reads wrong - Is there a recalibration?

I recently installed the Fobo 2 on my Spyder. I carefully inflated the front tires to 17psi (verified with 2 separate digital gauges). The Fobo is reading almost 2# less for both tires. Is there a recalibration that can be run or what. I haven't called Lamonster yet, but thought I would see if anyone else has had this problem and knew how to fix it. Thx
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

On the Settings tap for FOBO on your phone there is a tab to Enable or Disable Gauge pressure (scroll down on the functions). Dont ask me to explain the difference but it amounts to about 2 Psi on my displayed readings (24.2 vs 26.6) - ??
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Tried that. Doesn’t help. Set to gauge is off almost 2#. If turned off it is worse
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

TBH, the FOBO 2 is only a guide. Mine was off by a couple of pounds but I knew it so when I looked at my phone, I just added a couple of pounds (or subtracted, whichever it was). I was more concerned that I would run over a nail and wanted to know if I was losing pressure fast.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-10-2022 at 07:04 PM. Reason: buy - by ;-)
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    I recently installed the Fobo 2 on my Spyder. I carefully inflated the front tires to 17psi (verified with 2 separate digital gauges). The Fobo is reading almost 2# less for both tires. Is there a recalibration that can be run or what. I haven't called Lamonster yet, but thought I would see if anyone else has had this problem and knew how to fix it. Thx
    FOBO settings can be a challenge. The displayed tire pressure is affected by 3 different settings. One (as noted by AeroPilot) is Gauge Pressure in the app general settings. Second is Location Services in the phone settings for the app, and the third is local network or cellular data in the phone settings for the app. Of course Bluetooth has to be activated for the app and also for the phone. When all these are on, the tire pressure sensor sends a reading via Bluetooth to the app. This value gets adjusted based on barometric pressure readings for your location (location services on). The app obtains these using your phone connectivity via network or cellular data. I believe the app developer's servers get involved in this process but not exactly clear on how this works. In this photo I have all these settings on: On.jpg Note that when this screenshot was taken the reading on my independent handheld tire gauge showed LF 16.5 psi, RF 17.0 and Rear 22.

This screenshot was taken close to the same time but with Location Services, cellular data, and network turned off in the app and Gauge Pressure turned off in FOBO2 general settings. off.jpg Based on this, it is clear the absolute value sent from the tire sensor to the app can be adjusted based on other settings. Even with these adjustments, there will almost always be a variation between the displayed tire pressure value in FOBO and any handheld tire gauge. This difference can be reduced but at the expense of having the app constantly sending out and receiving data from ???

When I first installed my tire sensors (with all settings turned on) I also noted there was about a 2 psi lower reading in the FOBO app display than on my tire gauge. With this in mind, in the app I set my "recommended" pressure 2 pounds lower than my tire gauge, my min at 2 psi below "recommended" and my max at 8 pounds above "recommended". Then I turned off all privacy settings in the app and Gauge Pressure off in general settings.

I realize and accept that FOBO is going to show a value different than my tire gauge. Some of the difference can be reduced but at the expense of privacy. As long as my tire pressure is between my min and max settings I'm not really concerned with the displayed tire value.
    2015 RT-S SE6
    Bajaron sway and billets, Bumpskid, Lamonster belt tensioner. Rear General Altimax 215/60R15, Front 175/55R-15 QUATRAC,
    Centramatic wheel balancers, FOBO2 TPMS, Comfort Seat w/backrest, Belt Guard, Brake light modulator
    Side mirror signal lights, Lamonster Magnetic mirror mounts, 7 Jurock w/flip, Floating foot rests, Voltage meter, LED fog and headlights, KOTT grills, side wind deflectors, Air Hawk x2, mud flap, Sena BT x2, Pedal Box, Laser alignment.

Spyder Garage

And the main thing is it will let you know if the pressure is falling or falls below your set point.

The 2 psi is not a deal breaker for me but, mine reads correctly.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    And the main thing is it will let you know if the pressure is falling or falls below your set point.
    The 2 psi is not a deal breaker for me but, mine reads correctly.
    Yes, that “pressure falling” display and/or warning is what I am most interested in too, K80……mine differs from my digital gauge by about a psi. Many years in IT has taught me that there is no way I am going to fiddle with control settings based on that experience

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red