View Poll Results: Do you think the installation of a thicker swaybar/metal endlinks was worth it ??

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • HECK YES !!

21 84.00%
  • Somewhat (please elaborate)

2 8.00%
  • Nope (please explain with the year and model)

2 8.00%
    Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Do you think the installation of a thicker swaybar/metal endlinks was worth it ??

Self-explanatory.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

The best thing I did was install real tires. Baja Ron spring spacers helped alot. After those two mods the bar actually did very little to change the handling. 2015 RT.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Without a doubt for my 2018 F3L, especially as we ride two-up most of the time.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Somewhat. Yes, it made a difference, but like most cars, bikes, and trikes, the normal person will not take the stock machine to it's limits, so changing tires, swaybar, etc. are only going to make you a bit faster. And if the individual actually learned how to ride/drive the stock vehicle properly and to it's limits, they would be fast enough in most cases. To me, the pedal commander was the biggest game changer as far as perfomance goes on this bike. This is coming from someone who has owned and logged in many miles on a 2014 RT, 2012 RSS, 2016 F3T, and now a 2016 F3 Limited. Probably a total of 60,000 miles so far.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Well worth it. Best mod for the money.
    22 RTL Hyper Silver. BajaRon sway bar, Lamonster bar riser, belt tensioner and big brake pedal…more to come.

Spyder Garage

When I 1st started riding my Spyder and joined this forum I saw all the talk of the BaJa Ron sway bar. Honestly I never thought much of it because I wasn't bothered by the way my Spyder handled. It was I thought a little twitchy in the corners and after I adjust the air in the tires a little all was good.......... So I thought.

I kept reading all the reviews and still thought it was a waste of money as I was happy. One day I happened to come across a used one in the for-sale section that was at a great price and only a few miles from me, so I thought what the heck, I'll try it.
    Once I got it on and went for a test ride, I saw that there was a good bit of difference in the handling. Gone was the leaning in the curves for the most part. Also gone was the wind moving my bike around when riding in a crosswind. I also noticed quite a bit of difference when riding on the interstate and passing or being passed by big trucks & trailers.

So now I will say that yes, there is a difference and is worth the cost to upgrade.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I approve of the above message. Made a huge difference for me.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am glad for the improved cornering ability when pushing the machine's limits, but I didn't need it for routine riding.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    The best thing I did was install real tires. Baja Ron spring spacers helped alot. After those two mods the bar actually did very little to change the handling. 2015 RT.
    I had the same experience, much improved. I used the spring spacers first, then the bar, and finally the Federal Formosas.
    Finally, the twitchiness was gone. 58,000 miles and still running at speed and in control.

Spyder Garage

It was worth it. The dipping in the corners is pretty much gone now. When semi's are met on the road I dont feel the big blast of air from them trying to send me off the road.

Spyder Garage

Yes, it feels more planted to the road. I had a laser alignment done at the same time. I have about 3k miles on my 21 F3 now. Original tires.
    21 Spyder base F3