Spyder Garage

Default My 2021 Ryker Rally Won't Start! Fuel pump dead?!

I came to a stop light on 6/23/22 and my Ryker just stop running I had to have it towed home. I couldn't get a shop date till 7/7/22 tomorrow to find out what the problem is. Everyone I have talked to think it is the fuel pump that had played out. I only have 2,600+ miles on it and my "year owning the bike want be till 8/6/22." I have no idea how long it will be in the shop, I pray it won't be months. Just thought I'd share my bad luck with you members!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-06-2022 at 11:45 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

Keep us updated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    Keep us updated.
    That I will do!
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

Hate to hear that. Mine is out of warranty and if my pump gives out I will order the aftermarket one and put it in myself. Being you are still under warranty at least it shouldn't cost you anything. Now the waiting period is terrible for dealers. They don't get in a hurry. Had my spyder repaired once and had the part on order. I figured once the part came in it would go to the top of the list. Nope it had to get in line like I Just brought it there. No longer deal with that dealership.

David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Hate to hear that. Mine is out of warranty and if my pump gives out I will order the aftermarket one and put it in myself. Being you are still under warranty at least it shouldn't cost you anything. Now the waiting period is terrible for dealers. They don't get in a hurry. Had my spyder repaired once and had the part on order. I figured once the part came in it would go to the top of the list. Nope it had to get in line like I Just brought it there. No longer deal with that dealership.

David
    That is what concerns me most, the time it will take before I get it back to ride again. At my age now I just roll with the flow so to speak these days.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-06-2022 at 11:43 PM. Reason: most,the - most, the - so most text to talk software can read it. ;-)
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz1 View Post
    That is what concerns me most, the time it will take before I get it back to ride again. At my age now I just roll with the flow so to speak these days.
    Did it show any error codes?

Spyder Garage

I am not sure how it works in the US, but here in Canada the fuel pump is covered under the emissions warranty which is five years.
    Had a fuel pump go on a Buell at a little over two years.
    The dealer told me that it was covered and there was no charge.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Did it show any error codes?
    No it did not show a code.
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did all fuses have continuity?
    Especially
    F5 fuel pump / engine 20 amp
    F7 ECM 10 amp
    F8 start 15 amp
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

mine has been down for about the same time they thought it was something in the fuel system waited 2 weeks for them to check the timing and the valves for some reason then they tested the fuel pump and found that to be good they then tested the heat/temp sensor. well i went to pick it up Wednesday and was on the way home when i got to a light and it died again so i think can-am and the dealership have no clue what is going on will update when i hear something
    2021 rally 900 , black and red