Spyder Garage

Default Top speed 2020 Ryker 900 ACE

Top speed on my 2020 Ryker 900 Ace is 106 mph. When it hit 106 I felt the nanny kick in and slow me back to 105 mph. Now what would it do without the nanny, probably 110 to 115 is my opinion. But happy with it. Will probably not open it wide open again unless some mods was done the the rev limiter. But had to find out if mine would do the 105 as listed. I don't see anyone doing over 106 mph unless you have disabled the rev limiter. JMT
    David

Spyder Garage

What RPM were you doing at 105

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Chris56 has reported 8,250 RPM at 108 MPH
    I saw 8,200 at 108 MPH, 2,500 feet elevation, level, no wind.
    The 900cc 82 HP is rated at 8,000 RPM
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    What RPM were you doing at 105
    Forgot to look. Wished I had looked.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    Chris56 has reported 8,250 RPM at 108 MPH
    I saw 8,200 at 108 MPH, 2,500 feet elevation, level, no wind.
    The 900cc 82 HP is rated at 8,000 RPM
    I know with a tuner you can add 300 to 500 rpm to the rev limiter which would give more mph. I figured if he showed 8250 he must have a tuner on it.
    David

Spyder Garage

How fast do you want to go.
    Old racer adage " It doesn't take cubic inches to go fast"
    " it takes cubic dollars"

Spyder Garage

Find someone to disable the rev limiter and run er until the valves float.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

As a tester for the popular flash used by many on this forum, I want to share the following. As far as I know no flash has solved the speed restrictions on the spyders. RTs are restricted to around 108mph and F3s around 115 mph. Yes some speedo error and other condition allow some users to claim higher. I've had the rev limits as high as 9,300 for testing purposes, still the test bikes faltered at the same speed restrictions. Yes they got there a whole lot faster with the flash. As a confirming test try going 105 mph in the gear below top gear, then shift. You'll probably have no noticeable mph gain. At the test facility it was determined that these restrictions are being controlled by BOTH the transmission AND engine ECUs which are in separate locations on the test bikes. It is a complex communication of speed what gear and especially mph on the top end. It was determined that too much time and expense would be required to unlock the speed restrictions. It was estimated that a flashed F3 should have a top end of 135 plus with the flash and a higher rev limit and the RT should pull about 118 mph with just the flash.
    So a tuner needs to develop a flash for both ECUs to unlock the speed restrictions. This information is a couple of years old so maybe there is a flash that has solved this?
    Wanted to share.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

I don't think the Ryker transmission is controlled by a ECU

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't think the Ryker transmission is controlled by a ECU
    Correct, the CVT is basically centrifugal and no shifting. And the CVT operation is not conducive to stating RPMs at any given speed.

It is common for Spyder riders to comment in the Ryker section, who may not be fully aware of some of the differences.

I started a thread 2 years ago seeking to establish if there was a correlation between RPMs at a given speed and belt wear, with the most negative comments from non-Ryker riders.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ms#post1532225

Bottom line for that thread, is that RPMs at the same speed under the exact same conditions would be difficult to replicate, so an increase in RPMs is not likely a reliable indicator. Belt width is the factor and the labor to check it is almost the same as replacing it.
    Last edited by SportsterDoc; 07-07-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    As a tester for the popular flash used by many on this forum, I want to share the following. As far as I know no flash has solved the speed restrictions on the spyders. RTs are restricted to around 108mph and F3s around 115 mph. Yes some speedo error and other condition allow some users to claim higher. I've had the rev limits as high as 9,300 for testing purposes, still the test bikes faltered at the same speed restrictions. Yes they got there a whole lot faster with the flash. As a confirming test try going 105 mph in the gear below top gear, then shift. You'll probably have no noticeable mph gain. At the test facility it was determined that these restrictions are being controlled by BOTH the transmission AND engine ECUs which are in separate locations on the test bikes. It is a complex communication of speed what gear and especially mph on the top end. It was determined that too much time and expense would be required to unlock the speed restrictions. It was estimated that a flashed F3 should have a top end of 135 plus with the flash and a higher rev limit and the RT should pull about 118 mph with just the flash.
    So a tuner needs to develop a flash for both ECUs to unlock the speed restrictions. This information is a couple of years old so maybe there is a flash that has solved this?
    Wanted to share.
    Dennis
    ..... IMHO the reason " Tuners " are not likely to enable the Spyders to have have a Higher top speed is very likely to be .... for LIABILITY purposes. Whether this also applies to Cars I can't say ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-07-2022 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Wheteher - Whether ;-)

Spyder Garage

any info on the ryker? since it is all automatic you can't really shift.

Spyder Garage

The gearing has most to do with top speed. More HP/TQ will get you to that top speed quicker, but it won't make top end any higher ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Mine has a pretty new belt on it and I believe as the belt wears it will take more rpm to just run 70mph. Not a lot more but I believe a little more. I believe also the ICM controls the rpm and limits it to 8000 rpm. With a Dyna jet it adds 300 to 500 more rpm to the bike. Don't know if the ICM is also reading the speedometer. There is one guy who with tuners, exhaust, cold air intake has pulled a little over 115mph. I can't justify spending that much for 10 mph. I will probably not run it up to that speed again. Just got to see what it would do stock. I have done this with every bike I had. What can I say, been lucky and not went to jail.
    David
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-07-2022 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Their - There ;-)

Spyder Garage

How fast do you want to go.
    Old racer adage " It doesn't take cubic inches to go fast"
    " it takes cubic dollars"
    Being retired I have to spend my money on a budget. Tuners and exhaust doesn't fit into my budget. Trying to fit a Ultimate seat into it now.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Being retired I have to spend my money on a budget. Tuners and exhaust doesn't fit into my budget. Trying to fit a Ultimate seat into it now.
    David
    I can relate, I am retired also.
    Have sell the two wheeler before I can buy a three wheeler and then budget to buy goodies.
    Wife says I don't buy bikes, I buy "STARTER KITS"