Spyder Garage

Default Looking to get some Rain Gear - Frogg Toggs? Any style/type?

I am looking to get some rain gear for warmer weather and saw a couple of posts mentioning Frogg Togg. Any recommendations for a style/type?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Spyder Garage

No one brand really, kinda personal preference & tolerance levels. If they keep you 100% dry you'll sweat just as much & suffer. Also want increase visibility Some take too long to get in. Then there's the storage need when they're not in use. Some are one piece, some 2-3 or more. Personally, I have 2 piece Froggs Toggs jacket & overalls I happened to catch on sale at Bass pro. I like that I can just use the jacket. Also weather resistant boots are possibly better than booties (boot covers).
    Some good pointers here: https://youtu.be/guf2gKpfkt4
    Similar & older thread:
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-by-Ride-Tribe
    Last edited by Bfromla; 07-05-2022 at 07:22 PM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

KLIM forecast! Pure gortex pure dry always and totally breathable. Look on the search option.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 07-05-2022 at 08:10 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I've carried Frog Togs 2 piece around for years. Never needed them (yet). Not expensive. Got them at Bass Pro Shop. I'm glad to not have a lot of money tied up in something that I MAY use one day. Which reminds me..... I should get them out and see if maybe they have shrunk since I last tried them. Good luck..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I bought golf rain gear from Dick's Sporting Goods. Fits well and breathable.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

For Sale - New Frogg Toggs Rain Gear Set $25 + Postage.
    Bought for riding school. Never been used.
    Black Pants - Size L
    Green Jacket - Size XL
    IMG_0038.jpg IMG_0041.jpg
    Last edited by Haze; 07-06-2022 at 02:22 AM.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I bought the two-piece years (14?) ago. The few times I've used them they worked great. I'll agree with the boot statement above - get some really good waterproof ones.
    2022 RT S2S
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

Spyder Garage

Do you want to stay dry or make a fashion statement at the gas pumps? I bought pants and a jacket from Grundens a few years ago and I will never spend another dime on a "motorcycle" rainsuit. One thing I have learned in 50+ years of riding. If it has vents or breathes it will eventually leak. Everything from three days of cold drizzle in New England to a full blown tropical storm on the gulf coast my Grundens kept me dry.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I bought a set of BRP Spyder rain gear at a 50% off sale from my local dealer several years ago. I have used them a few times one in a 2-day frog strangler, and I stayed dry. They seemed kind of expensive too me at full price but then I live in a desert that is in the midst of a 20-year drought. I don't get to ride to wet areas very much, tho I was in Washington state in June, and it did rain a lot. My feeling is if you ride mostly in dry country and inexpensive set will work if you want something "just in case". If you're going to hit real rain, get a high quality one. I have had Frogg Toggs over the years and usually could only get a couple of uses out of them before they ripped/deteriorated. Great for just "just in case" my BRP gear is high quality and if they weren't on sale, I probably would not have bought them. almost 60 years of riding I can count on one hand the number of times I've been caught in the rain. (I'm sure I just jinxed myself)

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    almost 60 years of riding I can count on one hand the number of times I've been caught in the rain. (I'm sure I just jinxed myself)
    Same here with almost 50 years of riding.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

We have used Frogg Toggs and been satisfied, mostly. In heavy rains I would get wet at the coat collar and my boots. Then we moved to Joe Rocket (for her) and Scorpion (for me) which work very well but are HOT!! (both of those experiences were on my Victory CCT)

The Spyder seems to have better weather protection than my Victory did, so we bought Columbia rain jackets, and basic rain pants to see how those work. We haven't been caught in the rain yet, so I don't have a ride report. Saving the other gear for cooler weather potential wetness. Not sure if this helps, but my experience.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just ordered this from Revzilla for my upcoming trip. I did research for a couple of days and after my experience in the storm a few weeks ago I definitely wanted a one-piece after having water go down the crack of my a$$ from the corbin.

I am doing a 5 day trip at the end of the month to the cherohala,dragon,and brp after driving to georgia from maryland and wanted to make sure I was prepared for weather.

It is a more expensive option but it is lightweight, breathes, and stores in a fairly small pouch. I got the seal over boots to put on under the rain gear to keep my boots dry but I will be carrying spares in a dry bag.

REV'IT! Pacific 3 H2O Rainsuit https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...xoCa0IQAvD_BwE

Oxford Rain Seal Over Boots -https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...eal-over-boots

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

My Frogg Togg Rain Gear is still available.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...oggs-Rain-Gear
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-22-2022 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added link
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    I am looking to get some rain gear for warmer weather and saw a couple of posts mentioning Frogg Togg. Any recommendations for a style/type?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    Cycle Gear