Spyder Garage

Default Considering an Akrapovič Exhaust for my 2021 S2S - any comments?

I'm considering putting one of these Akrapovič Exhausts (SKU 219401034 ) onto my 2021 S2S. Little leery because of the cost. Anybody using one of these? Any comments?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-04-2022 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Moved extra detail to post from title to better briefly ask question in title ;-)
    2021 Can Am Spyder Sea-to-Sky

Spyder Garage

Found a good deal on the Akrapovic - $400 off. I'll let you know what I find.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-03-2022 at 11:08 PM. Reason: on ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    Found a good deal on the Akrapovic - $400 off. I'll let you know what I find.
    They are expensive and from what has been said ... they fall apart much sooner than OEM stock mufflers .... What you get for paying more $$$ is a louder exhaust. .... Nothing else ..... enjoy .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-03-2022 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

had one installed on my 2020 RT Limited by dealer at purchase time. Two years later and 20K on it and like it. Makes bike sound nice and mellow, not like a gas golf cart.

Spyder Garage

I heard one with the stock converter at the ohio spyder rally, I liked it but I already purchased the muffler from lamonster. That sounds very similar and wife & I can still have a conversation. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

I've had one for four seasons 40,000 MI. Just the right sound no problems!

Spyder Garage

I’ve been building and modifying cars and bikes for more years than I care to remember. I’ve always followed one simple rule… if it doesn’t give substantial gains I put the money in the fuel tank. That’s where the fun is. I’d be comparing HP gains between brands.
    22 RTL Hyper Silver. BajaRon sway bar, Lamonster bar riser, belt tensioner and big brake pedal…more to come.

Spyder Garage

I did a full titanium Remus exhaust on my BMW R1200GS Adventure. It required new engine management software to prevent the bike from running too lean. It required a new air cleaner to match the better exhaust flow. It was a ton of work (and money) for no noticeable HP gains. The bike sounded great (when I was alone) but was harder to converse 2-up. I wouldn't do it again. In NYS, our Governor just passed a law (eff 4/1) making aftermarket exhausts illegal: A new measure just signed into law by Gov. Kathy Hochul makes it illegal to modify an exhaust on a car or motorcycle to make it louder than the original exhaust. https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...inal%20exhaust.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-04-2022 at 08:53 PM. Reason: maki9ng...
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I had the same experience adding an Akrapovič to my R1200GS. Looks cool, sounds a little better but no difference in performance.

Spyder Garage

If it sounds better, is a personal thing, it's absolutely louder, acropovic, makes it sounding abit raspier, while a stock exhaust, with a cat delete, makes a deeper sound, and with a good cat- delete, you gain a bit of weightloss, about 15 kilo's worth, loose a lot of heat coming from the stock exhaust, so imho that's the way to go
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

I have an RLS Crusher exhaust that I'm selling. It's got about 45 miles on it. I like the sound when idle but it's a bit much for me at higher speeds. I have it listed in the For Sale forum.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    had one installed on my 2020 RT Limited by dealer at purchase time. Two years later and 20K on it and like it. Makes bike sound nice and mellow, not like a gas golf cart.
    I probably should have started off by saying I'm not looking for a HP gain. I have had MANY high powered street and crotch rockets in my life and would consider it a waste of money to modify the Spyder for power. However, like this poster, I wanted something with a little tone to it and not a "golf cart". I have ridden bikes with lowd exhausts for long, multi day trips and swore I wouldn't do that again. Additionally, I didn't want to adjust the MAP. Akraprovic claims to meet both those requirements. I was also interested in Smoaks video on the subjectt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5bQ8Lq9lMw I have received the muffler now I have to put it on!

Spyder Garage

Can't speak of the units today.
    Put them on my 2014 RT-S and have been flawless for 8 years.
    Since they are approved and mounted by CanAm they take on the same warranty as the Spyder.
    Disclaimer: They have baffles removed. My environment has no snow, ice, or road salt.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

There is no SIMPLE HP change for a CanAm like changing out the exhaust.
    HP requires modification (software) of the ECU as a minimum and airflow intake!

Similar to doing a stage one on a Harley.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

They are louder and and long rides can be tiresome. Using motorcycle earplugs solves the noise issue