SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I just got a very nice 2015 F3 - anyone had theirs pull slightly one way?

Hi Everyone
    Dave here, I just bought a very nice F3 ( see photo) wow what an improvement
    they have made since the old GS & RS models. Quick question has anyone ever
    experienced having their F3 pull slightly to the right or left ?
    I will be installing new front tires very soon but I was just wondering if there
    is anyone that has had this.
    Thanks
    Dave
    My New F3.jpg

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No answer for your question from me Dave, but you look good on that! Congrats from up here in Canada, and Happy pre 4th!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-03-2022 at 09:15 PM. Reason: tour - your; Ongrats - Congrats ;-)

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Thanks Buddy, hope you had a great Canada Day as well.
    I decided to move up and get a newer Spyder..

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the new to you F3 Dave!! Try and get a laser alignment when you get your new tires, that may fix any pulling you have.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    On the new to you F3 Dave!! Try and get a laser alignment when you get your new tires, that may fix any pulling you have.
    I would love to but the closest alignment is Las Vegas Nevada about 600 miles away

Spyder Garage

F3 Laser Alignment

Hey Dave. Your F3 looks great.

I had a pulling or drifting issue with my new to me, F3T. Handle bars were wonky with the left side higher than the right. I did a rudimentary alignment with lasers I cobbled together and instructions from Oz. The F3T is now much improved but not yet perfect. I'm hoping to get a true Squared Away Alignment when Joe and Ann return to Las Vegas at the end of summer. Joe told me there will be some folks in Tracy getting together to get laser aligned later this summer. Perhaps we can meet the group in Tracy?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-03-2022 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Many don't get to see Post titles, just the Thread title! :-/
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Have you checked the air pressure in the front tires just to make sure that they are the same?
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I would love to but the closest alignment is Las Vegas Nevada about 600 miles away
    Sounds like a good road trip to me with a little one arm bandit action!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I had a 2014 Spyder RTL that pulled to the right. I switched to Federal EVO tires ( which are no longer available) and had it aligned by Squared Away Joe and Ann. That took care of the problem. I now have a 2021 Spyder RTL which drifted to the right (not as bad as the 2014) with the original Kenda tires. I switched to the Vredestein tires that helped it still has a slight drift not bad it seems like it depends on the road crown some roads it goes straight down the road no drifting what so ever. If I ever come across Joe and Ann from Squared away I would have them check it for me.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When Joe and Ann get back from the demo trip it will be well worth your while to take a mini vacation and go to LV to get the laser alignment. But get the new tires first. My RT pulled to the right even after a laser alignment because of the factory Crapendas. New tires cured the pull problem. Also, buy or make a dual fill air hose so that you can fill both front tires simultaneously to the same pressure. Spyders are sensitive to uneven pressures.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Hi Everyone
    Quick question has anyone ever
    experienced having their F3 pull slightly to the right or left ?

Thanks
    Dave
    Radial tires CAN cause pulling all by themselves.... There are many stages to produce a tire and if ANY of the belts/plies move off center even slightly during the molding process... The newer higher quality stuff doesn't have as much of this but I just put a set of Michelin PS4S's on my McLaren and it drifted left where it hadn't before. Luckily, they aren't directional so I could swap them side to side in the front and NO MORE drift!

Replacing the Kendas will most likely solve your problem... ;-)

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    F3 Laser Alignment

Hey Dave. Your F3 looks great.

I had a pulling or drifting issue with my new to me, F3T. Handle bars were wonky with the left side higher than the right. I did a rudimentary alignment with lasers I cobbled together and instructions from Oz. The F3T is now much improved but not yet perfect. I'm hoping to get a true Squared Away Alignment when Joe and Ann return to Las Vegas at the end of summer. Joe told me there will be some folks in Tracy getting together to get laser aligned later this summer. Perhaps we can meet the group in Tracy?
    Sounds Great if you get any new info give me a call please Thanks 209-887-3283

Spyder Garage

Yes that is the first thing I did. I will be replacing the front tires I hope this week. maybe that will cure it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Radial tires CAN cause pulling all by themselves.... There are many stages to produce a tire and if ANY of the belts/plies move off center even slightly during the molding process... The newer higher quality stuff doesn't have as much of this but I just put a set of Michelin PS4S's on my McLaren and it drifted left where it hadn't before. Luckily, they aren't directional so I could swap them side to side in the front and NO MORE drift!

Replacing the Kendas will most likely solve your problem... ;-)
    I put Michelin tires on my old 2008 GS and it made a world of difference