Spyder Garage

Default request help on final trailer decision

Hi all, first post, owner of a 2020 RT Ltd for about 2 weeks now (put on 1,000 miles so far and LOVING it) - doing my due diligence by pouring over the forums (at least 3 times) and have narrowed down our trailer purchase decision - (we're in Northern Illinois, btw) Looking like an Aluma trailer- the 3 finalists are 1. TK1 (but width is tight) 2. MC210 3. 6810 tilt. I'm not opposed to another suggestion though- I'd really appreciate the input from all you wise, sage, experienced veterans of the Spyderverse. Will be pulling behind a Subaru outback. Thanks in advance (and thank you for the abundance of information from all your posts!!!!! jeff

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

6810 non-tilt. The only caveat is the tailgate-ramp creates air resistance in the up position.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-03-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

addendum: if you think Ultimate trailer is the way to go, I'm open to that.

Spyder Garage

I have pulled our F3-t on the Aluma MC210 for several thousand miles. Works like a dream. I bolted e-trac down and strap over the tires. Quick and secure!
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    6810 non-tilt. The only caveat is the tailgate-ramp creates air resistance in the up position.
    Would not the Spyder break that up enough so that would be a non-issue? I would think so.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Would not the Spyder break that up enough so that would be a non-issue? I would think so.
    It helps, but not completely. Just want to provide full disclosure. When towing empty or with other loads, it can be folded flat and it's a complete non-issue.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Welcome Jeff,

I have an aluminum Primo standard 6'X10'. I love it. It has 15 inch wheels and a bi-fold ramp. Very well made. It is very useful for other things besides hauling the bike. Good luck..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Alumin. is good .... if the NARROW one is way cheaper, I'd buy it .... you can BOLT down a couple of 2 x 4 's to the floor .... this will prevent the Spyder from hitting the side rails ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input and info!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    Hi all, first post, owner of a 2020 RT Ltd for about 2 weeks now (put on 1,000 miles so far and LOVING it) - doing my due diligence by pouring over the forums (at least 3 times) and have narrowed down our trailer purchase decision - (we're in Northern Illinois, btw) Looking like an Aluma trailer- the 3 finalists are 1. TK1 (but width is tight) 2. MC210 3. 6810 tilt. I'm not opposed to another suggestion though- I'd really appreciate the input from all you wise, sage, experienced veterans of the Spyderverse. Will be pulling behind a Subaru outback. Thanks in advance (and thank you for the abundance of information from all your posts!!!!! jeff
    I have the OHT3 model.

https://www.theultimatetrailers.com/...v5l6uUw5HxRBDA

It has several nice features. Pneumatic deck that lowers and then you drive right up. Lightweight 700lbs with front shield (I pull it and Spyder, 1600lbs, with a 2010 Prius). It is fitted with custom chocks and retractable tie downs for the Spyders... or easily converts to two motorcycles. Check it out. I bought mine used at $2100 a 2014 model.

EE0FEAA2-B92D-44D9-A6F6-E7F35B978212.jpg

This is a member who may have sold his but had an excellent write up:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ith-SE-Package
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-05-2022 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display & layout ;-)
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have the MC210 and couldn't be happier with the trailer. Is light and pulls very well. the ramps are long enough so the Spider goes on without an issue
    2022 Spyder RT Limited. Comfort seat, adjustable wind deflectors, Baja Ron Sway bar.

Spyder Garage

I tow with a Aluma 7710H with a bifold rear ramp/gate with a 2020 Outback XT. It’s a great set up and the trailer is super useful otherwise super lightweight and easy to tow plenty of room for the Spyder. Here’s a pic picking up the wife’s Ryker a few weeks ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images