Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    There are only 2 dealerships in this area that I know about. Both have more than one store. Ride Now and Nash Motorsports. I have delt with them both. Never had a good experience with Ride Now, not ONE! Nash was a bit better. If it were me, I'd arrange to have the bike hauled to Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista. Probably 175 miles but worth it. IMHO..... Jim
    That's what I was thinking.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I've done everything suggested here - tried reset every day for over a month, bled brakes, ect... didnt work... Yes, contacted Ride Now and just contacted Nash yesterday... I've heard good things about Sierra, but again not an option... If I still had my Goldwing I'd have 100 choices for repair! The BUDS system is only available to a handfull of dealers around here... It WILL be for sale very quickly as soon as its sorted out!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-04-2022 at 08:46 PM. Reason: ' 's & Caps ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wilpir View Post
    I've done everything suggested here - tried reset every day for over a month, bled brakes, ect... didnt work... Yes, contacted Ride Now and just contacted Nash yesterday... I've heard good things about Sierra, but again not an option... If I still had my Goldwing I'd have 100 choices for repair! The BUDS system is only available to a handfull of dealers around here... It WILL be for sale very quickly as soon as its sorted out!
    So, it isn't a hanging caliper piston...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    So, it isn't a hanging caliper piston...
    Might be but beyond my scope...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What is the history of this bike? Did you buy it from an individual or a dealer?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

If you can remove the calipers, easily done, then it is very do-able. Not rocket science. A lot less expensive and much quicker than going to a dealership.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

On the 2010 to 2012 models, the oil low switches are not supervised. you can just unplug the connector under the brake fluid tank. On 2013 and up the circuit is supervised. Shawn Smoak had a video on it awhile back. I know this is not the problem you are having. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Yea I can remove the calipers but still need dealer for reset and I have no idea why its also showing parking brake failure now also! Very low miles bought from an 85 yr old gentleman with all maintenance receipts ..owned for 4 years

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I know this sounds like an over simplification of your problem, but pre Brembo brakes (2012 and earlier) have very sensitive fluid level sensors. As the pads wear even a little, the fluid level goes down and your brake failure lights come on. On my 2012, a table spoon or so of dot 4 brings it back up, the lights go out, and all is well. If you haven't already, then give this a try. Works for me. Good luck.
    This happens with our (2) 2014 bikes also. Just need a sip of fluid.

Spyder Garage

Did that, first thing... didn't reset! I have an appointment for service... still 3 more weeks away and they said backlog is 2 weeks beyond that! So I'll be without the Spyder for over 3 months! Like I said, I looked at a Vanderhall and now a Slingshot..Those dealers are out of their minds! I've asked/visited no less than 15 Vanderhall and Slingshot dealers for a price and not one EVER gave me one! They made excuse after excuse but NONE gave me a price! I dont get it! Vanderhalls are there on the showroom floor for the buying, but they wont give me a price or take my cash! Slingshot dealers (ALL of them) dont have any in stock and the wait is 2 to 6 months! But still no Price from any of them! Slingshot guys even wanted me to give them a non refundable deposit on one if it ever came in and then they would give me a price after! AHHH NOOOO!!! Very frustrating on all 3 brands!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-26-2022 at 03:31 AM. Reason: ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try harder:

https://www.cycletrader.com/Slingsho...152&radius=any

https://www.cycletrader.com/motorcyc...152&radius=any

I considered a Slingshot before the Spyder but the side-by-side was too wide for my taste although there was much to like about the machine mechanically and styling.

Vanderhall not so much.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    Try harder:

https://www.cycletrader.com/Slingsho...152&radius=any

https://www.cycletrader.com/motorcyc...152&radius=any

I considered a Slingshot before the Spyder but the side-by-side was too wide for my taste although there was much to like about the machine mechanically and styling.

Vanderhall not so much.
    Yep contacted several Dealers off of Cycle trader for a Slingshot and A Vanderhall..not one ever contacted me back! even called a few and nothing! The slingshot dealers around here and neighboring states want $5000 Delivery/Prep fee on a $22000 model just insane!