Spyder Garage

Default Need help to fix locked Park Brake on an F3?

My Electric parking brakes switch is not working, (Locked On) as we all know this is an issues, it sounds like it easy to replace the switch as it is located on the front accessory panel. Only problem where is the accessory panel on a 2019 F3L? Photos if you have them.

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your owners manual has info on where the fuses and relays are. You would do best with an online service manual.

https://operatorsguides.brp.com/
    https://brp-manuals.com/2020-2021_Spyder_RT
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

If your parking brake is locked on it is probably NOT the button or contact switch on the left handle bar but the pulley and actuating cable that need to be adjusted. There is a lot of info on the Forum re the removal of the cable and actuating lever located at the rear wheel. Do a search. If under warranty, release the Park brake cable and take it to a Dealer.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-04-2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: alot, pully, + caps

Spyder Garage

On occasion my 2018 F3L wouldn't release the parking brake. It took many tries pressing the switch to finally release the brake. After reading about the problem here, and having a service manual, I adjusted all the slack I could get on the parking brake cable, ignoring what the manual states. Since then, I have not had the problem again and the parking brake still holds the F3 just fine.