Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Next time I enter that cave I think I going to use the magnetic extension trick. On a scale of 1 to 10, it's at least a 5.
    Most of the Spyder Torx style fasteners are non magnetic stainless, do not recall checking others for magnetic properties.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Swapping headlight bulbs on a Spyder RT is not to difficult for a person with average or better than average mechanical skills and correct tools for the job. Suggest, you might purchase the applicable maintenance manual and read as needed the tasks before attempting them.
    If your confidence in your mechanical ability or lack of tools holds you back, maybe find another local owner to help. Feed them lunch and beer and you should be good to go.
    Thanks PMK, as far a mechanical my rating is below what you have listed, but after watching a video a number of times I started pulling and removing panels. I am proud to say that I am down to the headlamp housing on both sides in about 90 minutes with one mistake at the beginning but after replaying the video in my mind I stopped before the panel was off. I hope I can change the bulbs tomorrow, but it may be a day of rest to go along with Sunday. I'm just a few years ahead of BlueKnight in age and not wanting to mess my Spyder up I get a little nervous.

I have some tools and had enough to do the job but a mechanic would have a good belly laugh at my selection of tools, most of which came from Harbor Freight.

Again thanks!

Spyder Garage

I do not like to go off topic but there are some posts missing, for me, when logged in with 2 pages when logged out there are 3 pages and the posts are there. What gives, am I doing something wrong as this thread is important to me and I am subscribed to it. Thanks for any help!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BearX16 View Post

I have some tools and had enough to do the job but a mechanic would have a good belly laugh at my selection of tools, most of which came from Harbor Freight.

Again thanks!
    Hey, I'm with you here Bear. 95% of my tools are from HF. I can pull into the HF parking lot and fill out my service truck with almost every tool I'll need for a fraction of what Mac, or SnapOn will cost. For power tools, I cruse the pawnshops for those things. Dam near new stuff for half price. I have to admit though, I have tools I've forgotten that I even own, or where I put them. Another good thing about HF, they open early and close late.

Spyder Garage

10-4…

Spyder Garage

I do not like to go off topic but there are some posts missing, for me, when logged in with 2 pages when logged out there are 3 pages and the posts are there. What gives, am I doing something wrong as this thread is important to me and I am subscribed to it. Thanks for any help!
    Not sure what's happening, nor any idea on how to help without more detail but rather than posting here, if you start a new thread in the Forum Support & Testing section & detail as best you can what's happening, I can look at it/play around with it to see if I can duplicate it & maybe help - or if not, push it up the line?!?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Regarding your mechanical skill level, sounds as if you will do just fine.

Regarding the website and how it responded, 100% absolutely normal. Not worth any worries or additional posts. The difference being logged in has a different number of posts displayed per page vs when logged out.
    The website uses VBulletin which is just ok. The search function is pretty much worthless.

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The only LEDs I would buy are from Lamonster or Spyderpops, only because those guys have field tested the stuff they sell. I've had good luck with all the LEDs I've installed from them.

Plus, Lamonster gives out free candy, LOL.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

My thanks to BlueKnight, PMK and all the other posts! I now have LED lights. removed the panels, installed LED bulbs and replaced the housing in one day. Rested 3 days and then re-installed the panels. Only had one washer left over, I'll find that bold if or when I remove the panels again. Will go for a test ride tonight. I now have a cast on my arm from patting myself on the back. Thanks again Spyder Brothers I appreciate all the info and help!

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My thanks to BlueKnight, PMK and all the other posts! I now have LED lights. removed the panels, installed LED bulbs and replaced the housing in one day. Rested 3 days and then re-installed the panels. Only had one washer left over, I'll find that bold if or when I remove the panels again. Will go for a test ride tonight. I now have a cast on my arm from patting myself on the back. Thanks again Spyder Brothers I appreciate all the info and help!
    A trick that Lew L showed me is once you remove a panel, place ALL the attaching hardware in a small, plastic Ziploc bag and tape it on that particular panel.

Then you won't have any excuse of leaving ANYTHING left over, LOL.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    A trick that Lew L showed me is once you remove a panel, place ALL the attaching hardware in a small, plastic Ziploc bag and tape it on that particular panel.

Then you won't have any excuse of leaving ANYTHING left over, LOL.
    100% agree!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

I hate LED lighting. Absolutely drives my eyes crazy. Too bright and intense
    2018 F3 Limited