Spyder Garage

Default Got my BEST extended warranty from iMotorsports!

I know this has been on this forum many times, but you have to search to find it. I just wanted to share my experience and the information for anyone getting close to their one year ownership and hasn't purchased an extended warranty.

For starters, I rarely buy extended warranties for anything, but after having read through this forum several times for troubles that people have had, and the cost of the repairs, I thought I would get one. I called my dealer, my dealer wanted 1200. I went to the closest can am shop to me (not where I bought the bike) and asked them for their price, since the work would be done there. They quoted 900 for 3 years for my ryker. I told them that imotorsports is doing it for 3 years for a ryker for 621.00, and asked them if they would match it. They said they won't match it, but that they would honor the warranty and do the work ?!? I was somewhat reluctant, but the prices were so crazy I called Thomas Palmer at Imotorsports and left a message. He called me back in about 2 hours. I had my VIN ready and it was about a 5 minute transaction and he emailed me a receipt. This is how business should be done.

I don't get a kickback, never met Thomas, but he said that they do it for the community and that he would appreciate a post on the site. I believe, but I am not 100 percent sure, that they have been (maybe still are) a sponsor of this site.

Here is the contact info
    $ 621 for 3 years of BRP Best from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428 (chicago time zone). I think that spyders cost a little more to insure, but I think it is only $50 more.

Spyder Garage

Very well stated and mirrors my experience of about a month and half ago. Thomas Palmer is a class act and would recommend him. The transaction was handled very efficiently.

Spyder Garage

I need to go ahead and call to get mine soon. Bought the 2021 RTL from iMotorsports and was very pleased with the transaction.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Remember, it has to be bought before your original 24-month warranty expires.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Remember, it has to be bought before your original 24-month warranty expires.
    Looks like you own a Spyder then, Ryker's only have a 1-year warranty (unlimited mileage)

"Can-Am Spyder models come standard with a two-year manufacturer's limited warranty, and the Can-Am Ryker models come with a standard one-year manufacturer's limited warranty"

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...questions.html
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-02-2024 at 10:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beginner View Post

Here is the contact info
    $ 621 for 3 years of BRP Best from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428 (chicago time zone). I think that spyders cost a little more to insure, but I think it is only $50 more.
    I just called Thomas to ask if I could get a warranty for my 2021 Spyder that is out of the factory warranty. He said that they didn't know of any warranty that could be bought for a Sypder that was out of the factory warranty. Does anyone here know of a good warranty that can be put on an out of warranty machine?

Spyder Garage

Was worried that, with the price increases on EVERYTHING in our world, the B.E.S.T. would be higher. Called Thomas last month, and secured the 3-year warranty extension for $671 for my NOS ‘17 F3-S Daytona that I bought new in May ‘22. Amazing - when the extended warranty expires on May 17, 2027, most dealers will probably tell me to never bring it back, as most don’t wanna work on 10+ year-old bikes!

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by keithert View Post
    I just called Thomas to ask if I could get a warranty for my 2021 Spyder that is out of the factory warranty. He said that they didn't know of any warranty that could be bought for a Sypder that was out of the factory warranty. Does anyone here know of a good warranty that can be put on an out of warranty machine?
    Try Discountesp.com. Used this for my Harley Davidson
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

You have to be really careful in consideration of an aftermarket warranty. Servicing dealers are not required to honor them. I have been disappointed by a few local BRP dealers Service Department Managers. Do your research before buying.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by keithert View Post
    I just called Thomas to ask if I could get a warranty for my 2021 Spyder that is out of the factory warranty. He said that they didn't know of any warranty that could be bought for a Spyder that was out of the factory warranty. Does anyone here know of a good warranty that can be put on an out of warranty machine?
    I bought a warranty for my 2012 Spyder when I bought it in 2015 and it was out of factory warranty. I bought mine from Zurich, I don't remember the cost, but they were very good about honoring it and paying the bill to the dealer. It had a $50 deductible. At one time I thought iMotorsports carried Zurich.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-02-2024 at 10:45 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze