Spyder Garage

Default Swishing sound from front wheel

I got my 2022 RT a couple of weeks ago and am past the 200 mile break in time for the brakes--and it was primarily city driving, not freeway. Anyway, I notice a rotational swishing sound from one (or both--hard to tell with a helmet?) of the front wheels. Primarily noticeable at slower speeds in the neighborhood, especially close to curb or parked cars that can echo the sound back. My guess is slight drag from the brake pad since the sound stops as soon as I push the brakes. Is this something I should be concerned with or no big deal? There's no vibration or impact to handling. Dealer said since it's brand new they'll get me in right away if I want them to look at it--but they're almost 90 minutes away, so I don't really want to make my wife drive out there with me to drop it off, then another trip to pick it up, if they're just going to say "normal sound, don't worry about it."
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

The noise is exactly what you think it is and is harmless. I bet your car or pickup truck does the same you just can't hear it. The front wheels on these bikes are postioned in the perfect spot to hear every little noise. If a brake pad is dragging hard enough to cause an issue you would know it and the disc would be getting VERY hot from the friction.
    2015 RT , Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Check your Brakes

...Something you can do to find out about the brake noise. Jack up one front wheel at a time and rotate the wheel.

Does this sound like what you are hearing when you're ryding your Spyder?
    The wheel should rotate fairly easy too.

Do this for each front wheel/tire.

Over to you my friend. Let us know what you find out.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue