Spyder Garage

Default Customer service - what do you do when you can't contact a vendor?

What do you do when you have tried every thing possible to contact a vendor and you get no response. total silence on items you have paid for and no info on shipping nothing. I am really at a loss on here. a few weeks back i tried to order items and gave up and went another route i figured let me give this vendor another shot because i want to support our community .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If paid by Credit Card, call the credit card company…. Explain situation…… they will contact vendor, no response, refund to you.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    If paid by Credit Card, call the credit card company…. Explain situation…… they will contact vendor, no response, refund to you.
    +1

It's great that you want to support local. God knows that the internet (E-Bay and Amazon, etc) has eaten up to many local shops. BUT, if they have not replied to you in a reasonable amount of time , I would go in face to face and get the refund and explanation. Some businesses seem to just not want the business even when it's handed to them. Our local BRP place is like that.

If that does not work out... your credit card company would be happy to help.

Tim
    Current - 2010 Spyder RTS

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please check out my pics!!

Spyder Garage

So a rehash of your old thread. I see you left the vendors name out this time. I would have figured you would have got things settled by now. Sorry that you are still having problems. Most people on here are very happy with that vendors support.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

the last issue i resolved it by just going to another vendor. I was hoping things would improve, i understand that some are okay with this type of service. i am not a fan and will find other sources . the only power one has is the choice on where we choose to spend our funds.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just had a similar problem with a vendor here on SL's selling on a very popular website. I made an order and paid with a commonly used payment system and received a product for my spyder that was miss advertised. The part did not fit. Two tries via email to contact the seller failed and on the third try, I was informed a return postage form would be forwarded via email. One week went by, nothing. Further attempts to make contact with the vender via email proved negative. Finally, I contacted the credit card company I used to make the payment and a return postage form was emailed to me the next day. A promise of reimbursement was made and credit should show up on my account within 10 working days, I hope. I'll scratch this off to covid caused short staffing, but if this doesn't happen, I'll post the vendor's name on this site for all to see. However, there was certainly enough staff to take my order process my payment and ship me the incorrect product.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I haven't had this issue yet with official vendors on SpyderLovers and I have probably used at least 5 of them. I hope you get it resolved soon but if not then please share their name with us.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicFingers View Post
    ... if they have not replied to you in a reasonable amount of time , I would go in face to face and get the refund and explanation. If that does not work out... your credit card company would be happy to help. Tim
    I get the impression that he didn't mean 'local' as in physical proximity.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

You're correct. I should have been more precise in my description of said vendor. This situation shall pass and I'll just look at other vendors in the future. I now know better than to count on one source for my accessories or maintenance items....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-30-2022 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Caps ;-)

Spyder Garage

The OP is far, far away from the vendor. Stopping in for a "friendly" chat is not an option, that I can see.

I have dealt with said vendor many times, going back all the way to 2008. Never had an issue or a problem.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red