Spyder Garage

Default Starting issue - All of a sudden F3S not starting - Ideas?

All of a sudden my F3S would not start, the startbutton gave no reaction. Checked all possible issues, nothing found.
    Putting 12 volts on the starter relay directly and hoppa, the machine was alive again.
    All other stuff is also working as normal.
    Since I am going on a holiday, we put a new starter button on the Spyder. But of course I would like to solve the root cause and return to the normal procedure.
    It looks like a cable issue however I hope not but what other things could be causing this?
    You get the question, anyone also had something like this or can anyone point me in the right direction?
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CasN View Post
    All of a sudden my F3S would not start, the startbutton gave no reaction. Checked all possible issues, nothing found.
    Putting 12 volts on the starter relay directly and hoppa, the machine was alive again.
    Since I am going on a holiday, we put a new starter button on the Spyder. But of course I would like to solve the root cause and return to the normal procedure.
    It looks like a cable issue however I hope not but what other things could be causing this?
    You get the question, anyone also had something like this or can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Pre Start relay contacts pitted located in Left Hand fuse box…….possible? Replace relay with known good one.
    .The starter button provides a ground circuit for the Pre Start relay.
    Last edited by bikerchris1270; 06-29-2022 at 02:16 PM.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CasN View Post
    I take it you've added an external Starter Button in lieu of the OE Switch, & that's what's got you going? And that everything else except the actual starting is working OK off the original Ignition & switchgear?? Short of a failure in the Start Switch itself, this may be clutching at straws here, but is there any chance you've got a failed or dodgy Kill Switch? Have you cycled that ON/OFF a few times to see if it makes a difference, or checked with a Multi-meter to see if it's working as it should electrically??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Your resume is correct. That part on the handlebar has been replaced with a brand new one with exactly the same result. all is working fine so was eliminated as a possible root cause.
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Spyder Garage

This I will check after my holidays, we did check all the regular fused but we can look @ the relay. I will let you know the results.
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Spyder Garage

Hello Cas, Toine hier.. ghegheghe, somthing a bout a Barrel......
    Relay comes to mind, and also Battery, as you stated it's from 2016, could be a voltage dropping causing allsorts of wierd things...
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Well the issue has been resolved. Apparently one(1) pin was misfitted while reconnecting a plug. Took some time to find but now it is done.
    2020 F3S , Matte black