Spyder Garage

Default The Spyder “Road warriors” makes a difference!

In 2017 when we got our spyder we, wife and I, continued to go to a rough bar but with the spyder as we just sold the 2003 HD heritage. I figured I’d get some remarks and rasin. The entire bar is almost all rough Harley boys and many vets. I’ve told this story before in detail but just watched this video BRP and road warriors just put out and it brought home the experience I witnessed with the spyder and a disabled Vietnam vet. There’s an old gunner vet that only has one leg. That old boy could pick me up with one arm and another guy with the other. He’s one of those guys that you just respect. First day there he walks outside and looks at my spyder. I tell him how it handles and he swings his body over it. Couple guys give him a hard time he looks at them and says I could ride one of these. Couple of them start figuring out how to run a hand brake and couple other adaptions. Anyway long story short, the local VFW bought him a used spyder fully adapted for him. Has a leg holder/ crutch on one side instead of saddlebag. He rides that thing everywhere. Little to say, I’m still called spyder boy but that group of old guys actually still stick up for me and my old vet still comes but on a spyder smiling each night. He’d never say but we know that spyder changed him. Just thought I’d share this video. It’s not the best video BRP has done but good at heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clFb...wJQLZ&index=14

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Great story!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure that Road Warriors is a marketing tool for Can-Am. But, I'm glad the video was helpful in getting one disabled combat veteran the machine he needed in order to ride with his buddies again; that is very important to many combat veterans.

The Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association is comprised of combat veterans who seek the tight bonds and camaraderie that got us through challenging military service together. We rediscover that camaraderie somewhat in doing motorcycle-related buddy activities together. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by UtahPete; 06-30-2022 at 11:13 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure this negative response is necessary Pete. Awesome story. Awesome video!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I'm not sure this negative response is necessary Pete. Awesome story. Awesome video!
    You're right. Thanks. I edited my comment.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You're right. Thanks. I edited my comment.
    Very good sir!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting this information and the video link Wmoater! Excellent.

I was introduced first hand to the CanAm Spyders by my son's purchase of a 2009 GS 7 years ago. He wears a prosthetic leg and the Spyder allowed him the ability to ride over the road in comfort and relative safety. Even if the video is a marketing tool, I very much applaud the effort and the content.
    Thanks,
    Rod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

SpyderDeb and I have been on three of the long rides with the Road Warrior Foundation: it's a great feeling to see the changes in the vets.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Our Spyder "Group" called SOAR holds multiple fund raising events for the Road Warriors. It's nice to see money going toward a good cause. It is absolutely a bit of marketing for BRP but who cares if it's getting some vets on the road? It is getting very expensive though. We were told a few weeks ago at our biggest event that it costs nearly $10k to put one rider on a Spyder for one of these rides. That includes pretty much everything for their trip.....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White