Spyder Garage

Default ADK and Lake Placid routes? Need input!

I have gone to Childwold,Ttupper, LP, Cranberry Lake area for many many years on the sleds (in winter) I know the trails and CR Roads everywhere in this area all the way to Old Forge and Moose. I have 1000’s of miles clocked up there. I have never been there in the summer time though. Wife needs to burn 4 days before the end of July. Here is my route, but I need additional recommendations.

Here is my thinking. I’ll be coming in the Northern side Rt 81 to Rt 11 to 30 South towards Loon Lake, turn South on 3 and staying in Buck Pond campground on 60 for 3 nights. So part of 30 is hit on the way in. (Should be an outlook somewhere for Owl Mt up there I’d think) Next day ride 60 to 3, going to go into LP, ride the highway to the top, take the wife to the ski area, walk town and ride the sky ride. Will head back 86 to Saranack, get ice cream at Pine Cone North to 60 past Rainbow to campground so that small loop is hit. Next day I just want to ride. Here’s what I’m thinking but am open for better suggestions. Head 3 into LP. Head 86 to 9N. 9N to Elizabeth Town. 9 to 73. 73 North to Keene again and continue on 73. Before LP, Run 34 to Loj and back to 73. Seen that in winter thought it was cool pass. Then I don’t know? Could use some help after that point. To far away for Little Blue, to far away Lake George. Both 90 more miles one way. What’s else to run in that area? Will eat that night at the Shamrock probably.

hen I leave, the next day, I’ll head on Rt 3 to Tupper Lake, then 30 to 28 and down to Utica. I think I’m hitting all the major spots, but again totally different than winter. Are there any better views and routes to run? Highway views vs trail views are totally different! The Rt 3 will be totally different this time around since we run the old tracks in the winter. Any recommendation or alternate routes for the 3rd day? Basically: 1 day to get there (8.5 hours not using turnpike and running Northern side past Watertown and over. Day 2, sight-see with wife, she’s never been there. Day 3 good view ride? (Could use a bit of help) Day 4 head home Southern route, down to 86 and West.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-22-2022 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Caps

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

PM Sent
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White