Spyder Garage

Default Considering a tall windshield. Any suggestions?

Considering a higher windshield. So I added this little $20 extender thing to see if it reduced the "head buffeting". The answer is yes it does. So now perhaps I should consider a new taller windshield replacement. It would need to be about at 28" (current one is 25"). I don't seem to find 28" windshields. Some of the ones claimed to be "tall" are still only 25 or 26 inches. Any suggestions?

Windshield-extension_2.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-26-2022 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask question ;-)

Spyder Garage

Try 7JURock (yeah, silly name) as they will often make custom shields. I just ordered a new shield for my RT. This is my second shield from them and I am happy with their product. Happy enough to buy this second shield. I have them add a flip to the top which makes the shield perform as if it were taller. I look over the top of my shields and this flip helps a lot.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I didn't muck about. I didn't want to have to sort the job twice, and pay good $$ twice. I tried one of those add on type on another ride. Yeah nah - not for me. But it may suit others I guess. I have had an F4 on my Wing for a decade and it still looks great. So for my F3 I got the tallest F4 with wings. Figured I could trim it if it was too much. But its perfect for me at 6'2".

Spyder Garage

2021 Spyder F3-S Special Series
    ————————————————-
    Monster Fuel Injection Stage II
    K&N Air Filter
    Lamonster Cat Delete Pipe with Baffle
    Akrapovic Sinister Exhaust
    Ultimate Floorboards
    Baja Ron’s Anti-Sway Bar Kit
    Elka Shocks Stage 3 Front, Stage 4 Rear
    F4 Customs 32” Windshield
    Pedal Commander
    FOBO 2 TPMS
    Lamonster F3 Brake Rod
    Shad SH36 Side Cases
    Crampbuster

Spyder Garage

Buy a F3T or F3L. F3S's with big windshields just don't look cool ....
    ** Just noticed the OP has a F3T. My bad **
    Last edited by troop; 07-04-2022 at 08:22 AM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Yeah, but the stock ones suck; buffeting and bugs on your faceshield is not cool at all.

Slingmods has taller, wider ones. The newer versions even have a Goldwing style vent.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Spyder Garage

Buy a Madstad set up. I have a 14" dark gray for bombing around and put on a 22" when I tour. I'm 6'3".
    https://madstad.com/collections/can-...n-am-spyder-f3

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have a 2021 RTL and wanted a taller and wider windshield. So I ordered a 27 inch shield, two inches wider each side with a flip at the top from 7Jurock. Had to add some 3/8 grommets to fill the holes on shield. Just returned from a 1400 mile ride through Utah and Colorado, shield worked great at highway speeds. Great service and price, about half the cost of others! Good luck!
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box

Spyder Garage

+1 for 7JURock. Replaced oem with the BRP Tall Boy initially (2020 F3-T)but it didn't suit me. With advice from this forum I went with the 7JURock. Works perfectly for me. Prefer to look over the screen and with the 'flip' at the top do not get the wind in the face.

Spyder Garage

Another vote for 7Jurock. I opted to get the 23" so I can look over the windshield and still get some wind. Got the flip style and I am 6'2".
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

I just picked up my new spyder this weekend and I have emailed 7 Jurock it looks like they have some great options

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Madstad adjustable shield

F3 Madstad.jpgMadstad.png
    Madstad windshields are the best on the market for any bike, fully adjustable
    up, down forward and back. Get all the wind or none, you can adjust it to look over the top of it
    or adjust it to look through it.... Give me a call 209-887-3283 and get your Spyder Lovers Member

DISCOUNT PRICE

MADSTAD PHOTO.jpg

Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GRHorst View Post
    Considering a higher windshield. So I added this little $20 extender thing to see if it reduced the "head buffeting". The answer is yes it does. So now perhaps I should consider a new taller windshield replacement. It would need to be about at 28" (current one is 25"). I don't seem to find 28" windshields. Some of the ones claimed to be "tall" are still only 25 or 26 inches. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-29-2022 at 04:13 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRHorst View Post

A $20.00 cure vs. possible bankruptcy ..... entirely up to you .... Mike

Spyder Garage

F4 only make up to 25” for the F3-T/L models, Rob. It would have been better if the OP had his model/year appear somewhere as that tiny thumbnail makes it very hard to determine…..but it does look like a T.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    F3 Madstad.jpgMadstad.png
    Madstad windshields are the best on the market for any bike, fully adjustable
    up, down forward and back. Get all the wind or none, you can adjust it to look over the top of it
    or adjust it to look through it.... Give me a call 209-887-3283 and get your Spyder Lovers Member
    DISCOUNT PRICE MADSTAD PHOTO.jpg
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg
    As far as I know, Madstad do not make taller than 25” for the F3 T/L models, Dave. I had their tallest on mine and it was little different than the 25” F4…….but that up/down/forward/back adjustability is a great innovation.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red