Spyder Garage

Default Any good sources for Helmet deals? NeoTec 2?

any one out there has any good sources for for deals on helmets..Neo tec 2

Spyder Garage

you might check with Baja Ron. Don't know if he has that brand, but saved me a few bucks on my Nolan last year.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

It's going to be a very cold day in hell trying to find a "deal" on a Neotec II helmet. FWIW, I purchased a Neotec II in July 2021 at the dealership in NC where I purchased my Spyder in 2014. It had to be special ordered but the OTD price was three cents shy of $748, NC sales tax included. The parts guy at the dealership said it was the quietest helmet he'd ever worn. I originally had a Neotec that just got too worn to risk riding with it any longer. My Neotec II is much quieter than the Neotec and is more comfortable. I did not purchase the Sena comm device that is made for the Neotec II as my Sena 20S EVO was only a year old. It is an expensive helmet, but IMO, the value one places on the contents of one's noggin governs how much one is willing to pay for a helmet.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Take a ride over to Revzilla in So. Philly. They usually have plenty of lids to try on and their prices are fair.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

You can always find a "deal". I'd recommend trying on a few helmets that you may want. Once you find the one you want, order online from a CycleGear Revzilla or whatever site. A lot of times you can get 10% off of your 1st purchase online. Use that to purchase your helmet. There are also a few sites based in other countries that might have a deal on helmets and gear. You may have to verify if the helmet is DOT SNELL ECE certified though. Additionally, if you don't mind buying used helmets, you may be able to find a deal on an open boxed item from a local shop.

I haven't bought anything from here, but they're prices seem pretty good.

https://www.chromeburner.com/helmets/

Do some research 1st though.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cycle gear

Spyder Garage

JAYBRO, I have the earlier model lid and love it. But it is time for a new as well. Just hoping not to pay 800.00 for it. The store I went to did say if i could put a group buy together they would take off 125.00 per ... I'll check around a bit more, I may get lucky...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-24-2022 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Caps

Spyder Garage

HI Dave, Cycle Gear prices in NJ is the same as all the others..... also, I want to keep using my Sena 20S on it...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-24-2022 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Caps

Spyder Garage

Wife and I went with the NEOTEK II and the Sena S50 system for them... It hurt the pocket book but we decided we weren't limiting the price on our heads and went with it... These turned out to be the most comfortable for us and we were specifically after a modular.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    JAYBRO, I have the earlier model lid and love it. But it is time for a new as well. Just hoping not to pay 800.00 for it. The store I went to did say if i could put a group buy together they would take off 125.00 per ... I'll check around a bit more, I may get lucky...
    I liked my Neotec very much too and didn't like paying as much for the Neotec II as I did and the parts guy said he hated the idea of trying to sell the II with the accompanying Sena system because it brought the deal over a grand. The dealership also had a lady whose primary job was switching comm sets from an old helmet to a new one at no charge to the customer and she did a phenomenal job on mine; got the ear speakers exactly where I needed them.

The first place I went looking after reading your post was to Revzilla as they were very helpful when we were shopping for a helmet for my bride, but the prices were all the same, even on ebay advertising new ones. If you could find a half dozen good friends who wanted new Neotec II helmets all at the same time you'd be very lucky and might be able to get a break.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-24-2022 at 09:32 PM. Reason: fine - find ;-)
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I bought my last Neotec from Jeff at https://shop.helmetcountry.com/

Good customer service and VERY competitive price.

Highly recommended!
    2020 Spyder RTL

Enjoy life today
    Yesterday is gone
    Tomorrow may never come

Spyder Garage

Hi john, i have had many lids and the neo is it. yes some will say the Shubert is better. but thats the lid i am looking to start a group buy.....

Spyder Garage

Colorider his prices are the same as every one else. maybe if you know him well enough you can ask him about a group buy price...

Spyder Garage

I try to buy my riding gear from Cycle Gear as they give a 10% discount for vets. Both the wife and I wear Shark Eve One 2 helmets with Sena comms
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    Colorider his prices are the same as every one else. maybe if you know him well enough you can ask him about a group buy price...
    When I last bought from him, the solid color (white) was $550 which was less than elsewhere. IIRC you had to call to get his “competitive” prices as dealers are not allowed to advertise more than a 10% discount.

Perhaps a phone call would be worthwhile……….

Good luck!
    Rod
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ColoRider; 06-25-2022 at 10:52 AM.
    2020 Spyder RTL

Enjoy life today
    Yesterday is gone
    Tomorrow may never come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    You can always find a "deal". I'd recommend trying on a few helmets that you may want. Once you find the one you want, order online from a CycleGear Revzilla or whatever site. A lot of times you can get 10% off of your 1st purchase online. Use that to purchase your helmet. There are also a few sites based in other countries that might have a deal on helmets and gear. You may have to verify if the helmet is DOT SNELL ECE certified though. Additionally, if you don't mind buying used helmets, you may be able to find a deal on an open boxed item from a local shop.

I haven't bought anything from here, but they're prices seem pretty good.

https://www.chromeburner.com/helmets/

Do some research 1st though.
    I don't like this response! I run a small retail store. I have people come in my store, try my stuff out hands on, then leave to go buy it cheaper on the internet. Bad Ju Ju man! Then they'll come back to buy supplies for the device they bought elsewhere from me. Sure I appreciate them buying from me, but still can't get over being their 'try it before you buy it somewhere else' person.

Apologies for the rant Mosess01.
    Last edited by FrogmanDave; 06-25-2022 at 12:26 PM.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Cycle Gear is a quality outlet for most everything in helmets and other clothing items you would use on a motorcycle, they also sell tires and some accessories. they generally have the best selection of helmets out there so you can go in and try on as many as you like untill yo find the one yo want. your Sena 20S will fit on ALL helmets.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I don't like this response! I run a small retail store. I have people come in my store, try my stuff out hands on, then leave to go buy it cheaper on the internet. Bad Ju Ju man! Then they'll come back to buy supplies for the device they bought elsewhere from me. Sure I appreciate them buying from me, but still can't get over being their 'try it before you buy it somewhere else' person.

Apologies for the rant Mosess01.
    I must agree, I always buy from the local shops and stores if I can. However Cycle Gear is in most towns across the country and are run by your local people. they most times have the largest selection....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I must agree, I always buy from the local shops and stores if I can. However Cycle Gear is in most LARGE towns across the country and are run by your local people. they most times have the largest selection....
    Fixed it for you.lol

The nearest one to me is over 50 miles away.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Cycle Gear, Revzilla and J&P Cycles are all owned by Comoto Holdings. So there is no difference in any deals. If you are looking for a helmet Cycle Gear is good to go to because they usually have a good selection to try on. If you are in the Philadelphia area, Revzilla has a retail store with a wall full of helmets to select from. I own a NeoTech II helmet. I only use it in the winter because, for me, it doesn't have good ventilation. But the Sena units integrate perfectly into the helmet.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Fixed it for you.lol

The nearest one to me is over 50 miles away.
    You’re lucky! Closest one for me is over 130 miles away! I live in the boonies so almost all of my shopping is via the Internet.
    2020 Spyder RTL

Enjoy life today
    Yesterday is gone
    Tomorrow may never come

Spyder Garage

I rode Tuesday to go eat. Went through 8.4 gallons of gas in the spyder for the ride. Gone from Yakima to Auburn an back couple of times just to go to Cycle gear store to look an then buy if they have or from sponsers here. Like ColoRider signature says .
    (Enjoy life today
    Yesterday is gone
    Tomorrow my never come)
    best enjoy your time while you can. done with my rant.

Spyder Garage

This is like trying to find Milwaukee tools cheaper, the company protects the dealers by not letting them sell the products cheaper. It's just gonna cost ya!
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Amazon sells that helmet, and I wonder if it'll be discounted at all on "amazon day" (coming up sometime in the July 12-15 timeframe. I kind of doubt it but hey... you never know.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White